JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I thought I was doing my brother a solid by picking up a box of .45 at Sportsman's for his new Glock 36. When I got it home I opened the box only to discover it is the Aluminum case stuff. Not the end of the world but I feel like they should label the package as such. There is nothing on the primary labels with the word aluminum in it. Has anybody else noticed this?

I havn't seen the blazer aluminum in a number of years... love that stuff, but some ranges get their panties in a bind about it, something about not having aluminum or brass magnets... not a me problem either way. But back in the day it used to have a picture of the cartridge on it, that was clearly aluminum.

Some years ago I had a stock of CCI lawman loaded with the old gold-dots, with an aluminum case, I used to carry it while hiking. In .45 it really saved a lot of weight even in the 7-rd 1911 mags.

Wow, I'd never heard of anybody reloading fired aluminum cases to full power, but if you're going to try it, .45ACP is probably the best place to start. I pull the bullets on new Blazer Al rounds to reduce the charge to about 3.9 grains, which cycles fine in all my .45's but is much, much quieter than factory ammo through an Osprey suppressor. Even so, it penetrates two and a half phone books at five yards.

My experience with Blazer Al is mixed, and far from pretty. I called the fine people there when I found a ruptured case in my new box of ammo, and basically got blown off completely by a JERK who called himself "Coy." Yes, he was indeed coy. I'll never buy the stuff again, just because of that one clown's personal style. That's the only vote I get regarding Blazer, and obviously it makes no difference at all to them, since they're selling it faster than they can produce it. But a principle's a principle.

Imagine shipping this garbage:
1226cc.gif

That's totally something that should have been caught by QC. As that's a relatively common failure for automated loading equipment (not enough bell/bad bullet orientation will roll the case mouth over). That said, being a jerk to your customers usually doesn't pay off too well. At the same time CCI is owned by ATK, who also owns Federal, so your boycott may need to be wider than you originally considered.

At the same time, they probably load 2m of those a day, while a "sorry" is definitely in order, I'm not really sure how much more than that you can do when you're running those kinds of quantities.

The new Blazer that has brass case instead of aluminum is marked in big letters BRASS BLAZER.

One thing to watch out for is primer size. Old style 45ACP was always loaded with large pistol primers but some of the new stuff, especially Blazer is often loaded with small pistol primers. Make sure you keep the two types of case separate.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top