JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
I realize this is a "long shot", but who knows. I am interested in the break-action, Bland-Pryse, .577-caliber revolvers.* I've only seen a tiny number over the years, in various conditions. If anyone has one for sale, please drop me a note. Thanks.

* They look like this:

rqLLhpi.jpg

Is there ammo available out there for this caliber?

Not that I am aware of; at least in this country. If I recall correctly, the author Ross Seyfried handloaded cartridges for this type of revolver.

Parenthetically, the custom revolver maker Bowen made a .577 revolver some time back. There is an article here, should it be of interest. Cheers.

where you able to locate a pryse .577
I have just seen one sell for 25,000
I have a tranter .577 and am in process of buying a crack open pryse ( did not pay that much for it!)
I am attempting home baking ammo for them, we'll see on that .

Attachments

• CE5C654D-9244-424B-A3C8-46167773486B.jpeg
    CE5C654D-9244-424B-A3C8-46167773486B.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 80
where you able to locate a pryse .577
I have just seen one sell for 25,000
I have a tranter .577 and am in process of buying a crack open pryse ( did not pay that much for it!)
I am attempting home baking ammo for them, we'll see on that .

Nope, never located one at a price I was willing to pay. The one that was in Ian's video went for a ton of money. Gratz on finding both a Tranter and a Pryse.

P.s. picture is of my revolver I'm buying

Pic did not seem to post, but if you care to re-upload, that would be great. :)

If you are interested in selling, I would be interested in the asking price. I am also 01FFL (dealer) licensed, so could easily handle the interstate transfer. If you care to, please drop me a private message. Thank you.

P.S. Welcome to NWFA, by the way. :)

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.