JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any of you going to <broken link removed> in Portland this weekend? I just got back - lots of great knives there. Bring lots of cash. I like this show better than the big knife show down in Eugene - closer, smaller, more focussed on custom makers, easier to navigate.

I picked up a Murray Carter <broken link removed> . Many other knives I would have liked to get, but gota pay off some other things first.

Also stopped at McMenamins Edgefield on the way back - it's like Disneyland for adults. A paradise of booze, food and cigars.

A picture of the Kama I scored at the show:

carterkama0001.jpg

I have no idea what I'm going to do with this - although, Halloween is coming up, so...

Also, my bottle of Edgefield Hogshead Whiskey. Oregon is a bit ahead of us in terms of distilleries, but I predict we'll catch up soon. Dry Fly (Spokane) has some whiskey in the barrel, and if it's anything like their gin/vodka, it's going to be awesome.

How much was that bottle?

I think around $28. 92 proof. Certainly not as complex as some other whiskey/scotch that I have, but I like what they're doing with this & want to support smaller, regional distilleries.

A similar artisan-distillery from Colorado (Stranahans) costs $56/bottle, so this is a pretty good deal. Although, the Stranahans is a bit more complex.

I wouldn't call Mcminamins a "smaller, regional distilleries. "

When you realize how much consolidation there is in the bourbon/scotch/whiskey business, they are absolutely tiny in comparison. (unless they're owned by Chivas/Diageo/Suntory/etc. and I didn't realize it... in which case, I've been bamboozled; wouldn't be the first time)

In some ways, I think their true business model is historic property owner/manager with booze/food simply enabling the transaction.

When you realize how much consolidation there is in the bourbon/scotch/whiskey business, they are absolutely tiny in comparison.

In some ways, I think their true business model is historic property owner/manager with booze/food simply enabling the transaction.

Agreed, I live within 5 miles of 3 of them.. Good burgers PROBABLY, but all the long haired hippies they have working behind the counter really turn me off.. Besides the ones I have dated LOL

And the brewers are even worst, look like they have never taken a shower EVER!

Agreed, I live within 5 miles of 3 of them.. Good burgers PROBABLY, but all the long haired hippies they have working behind the counter really turn me off.. Besides the ones I have dated LOL

And the brewers are even worst, look like they have never taken a shower EVER!

You live by three of them??? I think that's known in real estate terms as "location, location, location"

In regard to the brewers: who needs to worry about bathing when you have an almost unlimited supply of booze? :s0114:

You live by three of them??? I think that's known in real estate terms as "location, location, location"

In regard to the brewers: who needs to worry about bathing when you have an almost unlimited supply of booze? :s0114:

When their dirty dreadlocks are dangling dangerously close to your beer you worry!

OK OK sorry about railroading you post! :s0114::s0112::s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads