JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any of you going to <broken link removed> in Portland this weekend? I just got back - lots of great knives there. Bring lots of cash. I like this show better than the big knife show down in Eugene - closer, smaller, more focussed on custom makers, easier to navigate.

I picked up a Murray Carter <broken link removed> . Many other knives I would have liked to get, but gota pay off some other things first.

Also stopped at McMenamins Edgefield on the way back - it's like Disneyland for adults. A paradise of booze, food and cigars.

A picture of the Kama I scored at the show:

carterkama0001.jpg

I have no idea what I'm going to do with this - although, Halloween is coming up, so...

Also, my bottle of Edgefield Hogshead Whiskey. Oregon is a bit ahead of us in terms of distilleries, but I predict we'll catch up soon. Dry Fly (Spokane) has some whiskey in the barrel, and if it's anything like their gin/vodka, it's going to be awesome.

How much was that bottle?

I think around $28. 92 proof. Certainly not as complex as some other whiskey/scotch that I have, but I like what they're doing with this & want to support smaller, regional distilleries.

A similar artisan-distillery from Colorado (Stranahans) costs $56/bottle, so this is a pretty good deal. Although, the Stranahans is a bit more complex.

I wouldn't call Mcminamins a "smaller, regional distilleries. "

When you realize how much consolidation there is in the bourbon/scotch/whiskey business, they are absolutely tiny in comparison. (unless they're owned by Chivas/Diageo/Suntory/etc. and I didn't realize it... in which case, I've been bamboozled; wouldn't be the first time)

In some ways, I think their true business model is historic property owner/manager with booze/food simply enabling the transaction.

When you realize how much consolidation there is in the bourbon/scotch/whiskey business, they are absolutely tiny in comparison.

In some ways, I think their true business model is historic property owner/manager with booze/food simply enabling the transaction.

Agreed, I live within 5 miles of 3 of them.. Good burgers PROBABLY, but all the long haired hippies they have working behind the counter really turn me off.. Besides the ones I have dated LOL

And the brewers are even worst, look like they have never taken a shower EVER!

Agreed, I live within 5 miles of 3 of them.. Good burgers PROBABLY, but all the long haired hippies they have working behind the counter really turn me off.. Besides the ones I have dated LOL

And the brewers are even worst, look like they have never taken a shower EVER!

You live by three of them??? I think that's known in real estate terms as "location, location, location"

In regard to the brewers: who needs to worry about bathing when you have an almost unlimited supply of booze? :s0114:

You live by three of them??? I think that's known in real estate terms as "location, location, location"

In regard to the brewers: who needs to worry about bathing when you have an almost unlimited supply of booze? :s0114:

When their dirty dreadlocks are dangling dangerously close to your beer you worry!

OK OK sorry about railroading you post! :s0114::s0112::s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads