JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do you know it's low quality though? I've heard the comparison to Vulcan before, and I've seen the quality that Vulcan makes... but does anyone have first-hand experience with Blackthorne?

In my limited experience, most people who hate 'em heard about them by word of mouth, but most people that actually have them say their good for the money...provided you're not trying to enter a match, lol.

All I'm looking for a is a plinker to abuse while my high-quality guns appreciate over the next ten to two hundred years. ^^

it IS the same company as vulcan. they just changed the name.

same tooling, same plant, same people, different name.

also known as hesse back in the days.

all three are the same company

it looked as though a small child has assembled it. the front sight was loose and would jiggle around. the gas key WASNT staked at all.

worse then a century build AK

I guess we'll see what happens then. I have one of their uppers. Nothing rattles or shakes at all, everything seems solid. I've read good reviews about 'em elsewhere, and usually the naysayers are only parroting what another naysayer parroted to them. Being in the military doesn't really help, I guess. I've seen a lot of crappy M16's, and after a while all of 'em become the same. (The rifle I had in basic training was worn silver, no joke)

I've heard people say the same things about DTI too, but from all the reviews I've read about 'em, they put together solid guns.

By the way, I've got a Century built Yugo too. Shoots like a dream. :D

(thanks arjunki)

Perhaps your Blackthorne was a rarity, Luke, but again, perhaps it's a rarity that I have one that seems solid :confused:

Thanks for the input, though. Wish me luck :)

I have a Century-built FAL with a Hesse reciever,which is,according to numerous posts on various boards,probably the worst combination possible in an Assault/Battle rifle.It works perfectly,and I have had ZERO problems with it.Even lemon factories turn out some good lemonade once in a while,I guess...

Too bad I'm underimpressed with the FAL platform in general,I'd probably take it out and shoot it more...Oh well,a safe queen in 308 is not necessarily a bad thing...Maybe someday I can trade it for something more to my tastes...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top