JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where in the Portland metro area is a good place to find Blackpowder supplies?
I'm in need of #11 percussion caps and Goex f4 powder.

Hope you mean 3F Goex. 4F is strictly for priming flintlocks and might be a tad rough on your new Wesson rifle.

Sportsman's Warehouse on 82nd has CCI, Remington and RWS #11 caps for $6 per hundred (was just in there yesterday). Fisherman's Marine also carries them but they're pricier by a buck or two. Both also have RB and patches, but you pay thru the nose. Significantly cheaper to get a yard of Drill at JoAnne's fabrics and cast your own ball.

Unfortunately, real BP isn't available in Portland. You can get the substitutes (Pyrodex, etc.) at Sportsman's. Pyrodex should work fine in your rifle.

Over the counter real BP can be gotten from The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium in Springfield or Muzzleloading and More in Keizer. They both have websites. Otherwise it's strictly mail order or find a muzzleloading club doing a powder order.

I bought 2000 #11 caps yesterday here in yUK, but I guess they are not much use to you, right? But I strongly recommend a trip down the Joe & Suzi's place in Springfield.

Lots of good places to eat around the neighbourhood, too.

Tell us more about your new rifle?

tac

I bought 2000 #11 caps yesterday here in yUK, but I guess they are not much use to you, right? But I strongly recommend a trip down the Joe & Suzi's place in Springfield.

Lots of good places to eat around the neighbourhood, too.

Tell us more about your new rifle?

tac

I've been looking at their website. It looks like a fantastic place, so I'll be going to Springfield to check them out. Today, though, I'm heading to the range for a Bullseye pistol postal match I need to get done before the deadline. I'll bring along the new rifle too since I'll swing by Sportsmans Warehouse on the way to see if I can get some caps and some good-enough-for-now Pyrodex or Goex for some test shots. If they don't have what I need on the shelf I'll have to wait until next weekend to fire it. Until then the Wesson rifle is an unknown as far as performance and accuracy.

Cabela's in Tualatin does carry a small assortment of muzzleloader supplies.

Cabela's CAN be iffy with their knowledge about the difference between BLACK POWDER and NITRO POWDER - as one of their clerks was overheard to remark 'it's ALL black, isn't it?'

PLEASE be sure to check what you are getting.

All I buy there are shirts and other clothing items, none of which are available here in yUK.

tac

Kind of a late reply, but check out the Forest Hills Black Power Brigade. Muzzleloading an More are members as am I. If you become a member, there are collective club powder buys once in a while, or you can pick up orders from MaM at the club shoots. Truly a great group and willing to teach folks that want to learn.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top