JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I guess I'm just venting but I will not drop a penny on this junk crap again. My stainless Beretta 92 just got all scratched up from a Serpa holster! It says for 92 but it's to tight. Anyone have this issue with them? Any ideas can my pistol be buffed or polished out? I'm very angry as you could imagine. And will be contacting them Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm just venting but I will not drop a penny on this junk crap again. My stainless Beretta 92 just got all scratched up from a Serpa holster! It says for 92 but it's to tight. Anyone have this issue with them? Any ideas can my pistol be buffed or polished out? I'm very angry as you could imagine. And will be contacting them Monday.

Did you adjust the holster tension screw?

If I have to put obvious force on my gun to get it into the holster I wont put it in. I'll look for the problem... the only thing i bet they will do is replace your holster

That is a shame. But the plastic/polymer holsters will scratch a fine royal blue or polished SS finish. Especially if they get some grit in the holster.

They are really designed for the combat type finishes that you find with Kel-tec, Glock, XD and many others. Not the fine, expensive finishes we have on our expensive show piece handguns.

Stick with fine leather to protect the finish on your top of the line handguns.

I set the screw at its loosest setting and figured it would open it up and work fine after a holstering.I did not realize Luke a dum dum I would hurt my finish. I never had a stainless auto so my bad. I cooled down a bit but thank you for letting me vent without flaming LOL. A normal person would not notice the blemishes but we would. Slight marks on trigger guard and on slide, not deep or to bad, but after dropping a grand on the 92, lasergrips and mags I'm a bit touchy. My g26 serpa was great no marks smooth draw. You guys are great, my wife don't understand why I was furious.

With any of my thermo plastic holsters I drop them in a pot of boiling water for 3 seconds and then quickly holster my weapon in it and set it aside to naturally cool down. Those holsters are bulk produced and have imperfections no matter the quality.

I thought that went unsaid kydex type holsters go with polymer guns. Anything I wouldn't want scratched would go in a leather or nylon holster.

holster for my Taurus PT-145. The fit is terrible and far worse than the High Noon I bought for my HK. In fact the sewn in channel is off center and contacts the front sight on the left and the rear on the right also. The tension screw/plate hits the trigger guard and it takes both hands to insert the weapon. One to open the holster and one to push it in HARD. I sent High Noon an email about it and they said that was "normal" and the channel was working as designed. The pistol is so hard to insert even with the tension screw backed all the way off that it will almost push the slide all the way out of battery. They said to just put my thumb on the back of the slide to keep it from doing that. This is NOT the way my first High Noon holster worked and acted. Yes, I know they take some time to break in and I did what the instructions said, but that won't make up for bad workmanship. They refused to issue an RMA but did say I could return it if I wanted. I ordered this one in mid March and received it a couple weeks ago so I don't want to reorder. I decided to keep it and see if it cleans up but so far (after daily carry and "working" it it's still the same).
Just because you buy a high quality leather holster don't expect problems!

My Serpa holster for my XD was a bit tight as well. Just take a heat gun to it and mold it out a bit. You'll be alright...I will bet my life to Serpa holsters. Brought one overseas for my 92FS...never failed me once.

That is a shame. But the plastic/polymer holsters will scratch a fine royal blue or polished SS finish. Especially if they get some grit in the holster.

They are really designed for the combat type finishes that you find with Kel-tec, Glock, XD and many others. Not the fine, expensive finishes we have on our expensive show piece handguns.

Stick with fine leather to protect the finish on your top of the line handguns.

I have a Galco IWB for my G37, one of the soft leather kinds. The front of the slide is starting to get worn.

Puts a smile on my face knowing my carry gun has some honest to god holster wear on it.

Not all guns are made to go from the safe to the carpet for some pitures then back again.

Any gun in any kind of holster will wear no matter what the holster is made from. Any holster will give any gun character.

If holster wear is such a concern to anyone, the only way to stop it is to not carry the gun at all......

Update.

I like the safariland suede lined holsters but in the end I went to Ted Blocker. He's just around the corner from me anyway. Got a nice holster, metal frame leather wrapped and lined. As many of you know he and his wife are good folks. Even though she tried to steal my 92 case LOL. Didn't realize Pual Walker was a T.B fan.pretty cool.

I have a Galco IWB for my G37, one of the soft leather kinds. The front of the slide is starting to get worn.

Puts a smile on my face knowing my carry gun has some honest to god holster wear on it.

Not all guns are made to go from the safe to the carpet for some pitures then back again.

Any gun in any kind of holster will wear no matter what the holster is made from. Any holster will give any gun character.

If holster wear is such a concern to anyone, the only way to stop it is to not carry the gun at all......

Kind of what I was thinking too. You carry a gun, it's gonna get scratched up,,,

I have had a blackhawk serpa for my beretta 92 and now my Sig p229 and I love them. I wouldn't buy anything else, for open carry any ways. I've never had them cause damage. But then again, I wouldn't use a plastic holster for a SS firearm.

I love the holster. But I have heard the blade-tech are the best.

Never had an issue with mine for my Glock 19. I love that holster. It's taken a beating over the last few years and is still awesome. I do love blade tech holsters though. Got one of their Nano IWB holsters for my Glock 20. Makes me not want to bother with leather holsters anymore.

I saw a video on youtube where the guy was saying that his leather holster was for his fancy shiny gun and the shiny/smooth part of the leather was on the inside and the fuzzy part of the leather was on the outside..... anywho... so I have a serpa level 2 for my G27 and I like it. I want one for my sig sauer p6. Someone said bead blast your slide....... I think that would look sick but I don't know how clean it would stay. I am gonna get some FLITZ and polish the dog turd out of my sig's slide and if it gets scratched or whatever I don't care as long as it is surface rust free and shiny lol

Also another good thing I love about blackhawk is their QD kit.
BlackHawk SERPA Quick Disconnect Kit - 2 Female 1 Male. 430950BK, 430950CT, 430950FG, 430950OD. BlackHawk Serpa Holster Accessories, BlackHawk Holster Accessories.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top