JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Much of their stuff was outsourced from third world countries already. The only Blackhawk! product I've personally known to be American made is their Serpa holsters.

So, since they're already comfortable with importing their stuff, I imagine they would use any excuse possible to outsource even more. And I will continue to not buy any of their imported products.

WAYNO.

Support Don atTed Blocker Holsters in Tigard.
Without exaggeration he makes the best holsters on the West Coast and is a totally local business.
He uses the finest leather and can custom fit anything.
I like supporting local folks and Don & Shellie are just good folk.
He has a lot of LE orders so on occasion you may have a slight wait, but its worth it for the best.

Support Don atTed Blocker Holsters in Tigard.
Without exaggeration he makes the best holsters on the West Coast and is a totally local business.
He uses the finest leather and can custom fit anything.
I like supporting local folks and Don & Shellie are just good folk.
He has a lot of LE orders so on occasion you may have a slight wait, but its worth it for the best.

Totally agree Taku!

They made the leather holster for my Shield with laser and it fits and looks great.

Be prepared to visit for a while when you go in there, very down to earth friendly people :s0160:

With all the quality of so many U.S. makers, at a good price too, there is little reason to buy slave labor goods. Aside from holsters my son has a Dan Blocker range bag that is first rate!

Totally agree Taku!

They made the leather holster for my Shield with laser and it fits and looks great.

Be prepared to visit for a while when you go in there, very down to earth friendly people :s0160:

I have several that he makes from horsehide.
I honestly dont believe you could wear them out in 2 lifetimes.
One I wore for years. A small of the back for a 1911 that I wore every day doing tractor work, brush and field mowing. It still fits like new.
His belts dont stretch or wear out either and handle a load. The one I wear daily, I have had since 91.
I like quality and the things they make are first class and not too bad of prices for what you get.

From the article:

"An employee says the facility near Eagle and Overland will close and operations will move to Puerto Rico."

So, I'm no expert here, but isn't Puerto Rico part of the US? Aren't it's citizens US citizens? Aren't their passports US passports?

I don't think moving production to Puerto Rico completely counts as moving to a foreign country and abandoning the US, but that's just me.

From the article:

"An employee says the facility near Eagle and Overland will close and operations will move to Puerto Rico."

So, I'm no expert here, but isn't Puerto Rico part of the US? Aren't it's citizens US citizens? Aren't their passports US passports?

I don't think moving production to Puerto Rico completely counts as moving to a foreign country and abandoning the US, but that's just me.

Not subject to Obamacare and favorable tax benefits. Sounds like they're basically moving all production to Asia and operations to PR.

From the article:

That is true.

Never saw the draw for any of Blackhawk's junk anyway. The Serpa is a poorly designed holster that has lead to numerous accidental or negligent discharges (don't start with the "its a training issue" nonsense, a holster that makes you use your trigger finger as the release is stupid and is begging for the user to shoot themselves). Their other items are equally "meh". Their Serpa and CQC holsters are flimsy injection molded junk. Their webgear is nothing special. Their "duty gear" looks as cheap or cheaper than Uncle Mike's bargain stuff.

For concealed carry - there are far better options, both leather and kydex, that can be had for the same or less than any Blackhawk stuff. For tactical or duty rigs - you are hard pressed to beat stuff from Safariland, Bianchi, Nelson, or Ted Blocker. Tactical gear - Eagle Industries, Tactical Tailor, OSOE... why anyone would buy Blackhawk for anything but airsoft or paintball is just beyond me.

The "best" thing about them were their obnoxious full page ads in all the gun rags. They probably spent as much or more design times on their ads as they did designing their gear. Now they leave the mainland and ramp up off-shore import production - screw 'em.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top