JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While looking for Ranger T-series ammo on gunbroker I came across some ads for Black Talons, with a VERY high price. Isn't the Ranger T ammo the same as Black Talon only without the negative connotation that could be less than favorable if you ever found yourself in court? I mean how would a jury see it if you paid way over retail to buy ammo that has been discontinued by the manufacturer because it is TOO deadly? When Ranger T's are readily available?

Unless I am mistaken, the Ranger-T series are simply the black talon with a different name and case (no black case). I can never find the Ranger-T in the calibers I need, so I just stick with Gold Dot...

While looking for Ranger T-series ammo on gunbroker I came across some ads for Black Talons, with a VERY high price. Isn't the Ranger T ammo the same as Black Talon only without the negative connotation that could be less than favorable if you ever found yourself in court? I mean how would a jury see it if you paid way over retail to buy ammo that has been discontinued by the manufacturer because it is TOO deadly? When Ranger T's are readily available?

I do beleave that is the case. And if I remember the view on the BT's were that the Talons caused frase "This bullet kills you better." Again from the uninformed media!

this is a good read.

http://www.search.com/reference/Black_Talon

Unless I am mistaken, the Ranger-T series are simply the black talon with a different name and case (no black case). I can never find the Ranger-T in the calibers I need, so I just stick with Gold Dot...

With out "black colored, paint-like lubricant called "Lubalox," and loaded into nickel-plated brass cases"

More info:

<broken link removed>

Oh, yeah... and it also penetrated ballistic vests... and any near misses multilated people, too. It was the devil's ammunition or so said the uninformed press. It didn't do any of those things of course but it sounded good on the news and in the newspaper. Winchester pulled it from their civilian line and made it a "LE only" product after changing the name a little. I believe the year was about 1993.

When that happened, I went to my favorite store and bought out his remaining inventory of .45 ACP and 9 mm. I still carry it when out and about. I don't worry about what a jury would think about it because any lawyer who couldn't explain that away couldn't have been to law school. That and the fact that most people today probably never heard of Black Talon make it a non-issue in my book. Most people seem to have the retention span of a gnat. The ammo is no "more dangerous" than most premium ammo available today... probably less high tech than the current crop. A devious lawyer could make the same claim about any of the current array of self-defense ammo. I figure if it's good enough for LEO's to carry, it's good enough for me also.

they are the same thing, except winchester says the ranger sxt is a little better because the black talon was a little "inhibited" by its black coating. the joke at winchester is that sxt stand for "same exact thing".

I do beleave that is the case. And if I remember the view on the BT's were that the Talons caused frase "This bullet kills you better." Again from the uninformed media!

this is a good read.

http://www.search.com/reference/Black_Talon

With out "black colored, paint-like lubricant called "Lubalox," and loaded into nickel-plated brass cases"

More info:

<broken link removed>

Thanks, that's good info.

Here's an expanded SXT, you can plainly see the talons;

sxt2.jpg

I have some Ranger Ts in my glock (.40), I love them, pretty much a black talon but different look/color...... not black and stuff. I got some bonded ones too, the dude sold me some at the gun show ($18 per 50rnd box)..... I got about 200 round. I shot one into some milk jugs........ NASTY ROUND lol I feel bad for the person who gets shot with it. Double tap with some ranger Ts and oooooooooooh buddy.....

I think te media reported that the Evil Black Talons would follow you around corners and track you down in dark hiding places.

Goes to show how the Media can put a catchy label on something and then spin it into "cop killer bullets!" Then force the mfg to stop production, after all the anti-gun folks pile onto the protest.

Most of my liberal anti-gun friends still argue that Glocks are all plastic and can be taken through the metal detectors at the airports.

Tell a lie enough times and many of the sheep believe it.

Most of my liberal anti-gun friends still argue that Glocks are all plastic and can be taken through the metal detectors at the airports.

Tell a lie enough times and many of the sheep believe it.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the metal detectors and x-rays machine will overlook the ammo too!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top