JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To anyone who doesn't know, the Renton Fish and Fame Club has a Black rifle match every month where attendees can practice their cqb skills with their rifles and pistols. It's an amazing amount of fun and also provides you with great feedback regarding what was successful and what you may want to consider changing or dropping altogether. There are targets and no-shoots on each stage where actions to increase survivability are promoted and room clearing is the focus. Engagement distances can range from 50 feet to 10 feet. Typically 40 rounds of rifle and 10 rounds of pistol are used, but you will want to bring more just in case.

Cost is $20 unless you are a member. I think it is way more fun than paying to go to a range and simply shooting from bench or a standing position.

I used a tavor sar and a Glock 17. There were AK's and AR's with all kinds of accessories at the last couple of shoots. No .308 or anything around that power factor. 233, 300 blackout and 7.62x39 are allowed.

More information can be found on their website RFGC

Or if you are lazy and can't do the research yourself I will also be happy to answer questions as best as I am able.

Hope to see you there and if you end up going say hi.

- Schuyler

Only 50 rounds total?

If you are doing it right, yes.

2 sets:

Each set uses 20 rounds of rifle ammo and about 4 rounds of pistol ammo if you are doing everything right and not missing your shots. No more than 10 rounds loaded in Rifle mags, unlimited in pistol mags. There are about 12 targets you shoot spread around "no shoots" Double tapping every target (10 targets x 2 rifle rounds = 20 rounds, 2 targets x 2 pistol rounds = 4 rounds. This is designed to force a rifle reload and then force a swap to pistol.

Multiply that by 2 because there are two sets, that's 40 rounds of rifle ammo and 8 rounds of pistol minimum. It's always good to bring extra just in case.

Rifle sling highly advised
Pistol holster required (cannot be phone that points at yourself or anyone else, example no shoulder holsters) 2 mags for rifle and 1 mag for pistol required. Eye and ear protection required. Hiking boots highly advised.

When I say you may shoot more it is because you may shoot at a target and miss and shoot at it again. If you do that, you will run out of rifle ammo earlier in the set and have to transition to your pistol earlier. So you will end up shooting more pistol ammo to make up for the additional rifle ammo that you shot to take make up shots at a target.

If any of that doesn't make sense just let me know.

This weeks Black Rifle Shoot was great. We had perfect weather and no rain. There were about 25 shooters. Some had AR's and some suppressed, a few AK's, one pistol caliber carbine and 1 tavor being run by yours truly. There were a handful of guys in plate carriers, many in battle belts and others with simple set ups and even a few who ran magazines in their back pockets. Of course all are welcome. We all got 2 runs in as usual however there were a handful of DQ's because people were breaking the 180 rule while they were turning at a T in the shooting room set up. Thankfully all muzzles were down and no one was flagged, but they were still done shooting for the day because of their error.

Everyone had fun and the shooter with the fastest time was 42 seconds and no misses. Second place was 52 seconds and no misses. If you haven't had a chance to make it out to one of these I highly encourage it. It's a ton of fun and you can test your gear in a CQB situation and see if it holds up to your expectations. Some guys experience malfunctions running this course that they had previously thought their rifle and set up was squared away.

Hope to see you there and if you come say hi

- Schuyler

This weeks Black Rifle Shoot was great. We had perfect weather and no rain. There were about 25 shooters. Some had AR's and some suppressed, a few AK's, one pistol caliber carbine and 1 tavor being run by yours truly. There were a handful of guys in plate carriers, many in battle belts and others with simple set ups and even a few who ran magazines in their back pockets. Of course all are welcome. We all got 2 runs in as usual however there were a handful of DQ's because people were breaking the 180 rule while they were turning at a T in the shooting room set up. Thankfully all muzzles were down and no one was flagged, but they were still done shooting for the day because of their error.

Everyone had fun and the shooter with the fastest time was 42 seconds and no misses. Second place was 52 seconds and no misses. If you haven't had a chance to make it out to one of these I highly encourage it. It's a ton of fun and you can test your gear in a CQB situation and see if it holds up to your expectations. Some guys experience malfunctions running this course that they had previously thought their rifle and set up was squared away.

Hope to see you there and if you come say hi

- Schuyler

Going to be out there today? I will be heading over that way, couldn't make it last month.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top