JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like I said before this looks fun no pressure just fun I'm going to try to make it out there on the 27 the video really help me out thanks for that looks like a good time

What are you running with just a holster for pistol and one mag and one extra mag for Rifle I don't need a full chest rigs do I lol and do they require a type of ammo SUCH AS BRASS STEAL CASE FULL METAL JACKET so on and so on

Lol I got all of the above but I don't want to pack it if I don't need it

Equipment required:
Rifle
Pistol
Sling
Holster for pistol (nothing that points at other people while you are wearing it)
2 magazines for rifle for each run (loaded 10 rounds in each)
1 magazine for pistol (as many as you want in the magazine for each run)
40 rounds rifle
Box of pistol ammo
Eye and ear protection

You'll get 2 runs through the course with a long break in between them.

Each run will burn 20 rounds of rifle and under 10 rounds of pistol if you aren't missing.

You can wear any cool gear you want that follows that format, but really you only need the aforementioned gear.

You can use a mag coupler if you want for your rifle mags, or you can leave them separate.

You can wear your plate carrier if you want, but not required. You can shoot a pistol caliber carbine instead of a rifle if you prefer, but you won't be eligible for the small prize if you won.

We get all kinds at the event, guys wearing their total Armageddon gear, and guys running low profile in a neon T-shirt. It's fun to see what other people use and how they use it. A lot of people learn that their gear doesn't work the way they thought it would.

I'll probably be there, I try to make each one.

Come introduce yourself,

Schuyler

What are you running with just a holster for pistol and one mag and one extra mag for Rifle I don't need a full chest rigs do I lol and do they require a type of ammo SUCH AS BRASS STEAL CASE FULL METAL JACKET so on and so on

No AP, No incindiery, nothing over the power factor of 7.62x39, 5.56, 300 blk out, etc. case metallurgy doesn't matter.

Each course has about 12 shootable targets. 10 with the rifle, 2 with the pistol.

I use a kydex holster for the pistol on my everyday belt which is a 5.11

Some guys use revolvers, most guys use semi autos. I use a G17

Rifle on a sling, I use a single point Magpul on either a Tavor or an AR15.

Engagement distances short 30 yards max. Focuses on CQB and tactical movement / room clearing / positioning (as you can see from the photo)

I started doing this with 2 separate rifle mags, but I got tired of dumping my mag in the dirt/mud so now I do a Magpul coupled mag and it actually shaved some time off my reload.

If you have a weapon mounted light it won't hurt because it can be a little dark on the second run.

If you have more questions let me know.

I picked up a plate carrier over the holiday sales period, so previously I just wore a T-shirt and jeans, but I've been wearing that recently and will probably try it out at the next event.

Do they suspend the Fuddtard BS "no using actually LOADED mags unless you're a member who's given the RM a blowjob today" rule for these?

EDIT: N/M, I see 10. Still a joke, but better than normal from Elmer J...

Question: Are pistol AR's placed by platform or caliber? For example, a 10.5" or 12.5" 5.56 pistol.

Do they suspend the Fuddtard BS "no using actually LOADED mags unless you're a member who's given the RM a blowjob today" rule for these?

EDIT: N/M, I see 10. Still a joke, but better than normal from Elmer J...

Question: Are pistol AR's placed by platform or caliber? For example, a 10.5" or 12.5" 5.56 pistol.

Not sure what ranges you have been to, no BJ's are part of any agreement at RFGC. It is true that with the rifle range non members are limited to 1 round in the magazine at a time but they have allowed members to load more as long as they are being safe and shooting for accuracy and not mag dumping. If you want to do fast shooting with a rifle in a tactical capacity, that is what Black rifle is for. I completely understand their policy in non members only having 1 round in the magazine at a time. If some idiot started firing uncontrollably and sent some rounds over the hill it could lead to getting the range shut down. So, when hat is considered, it's a non issue for me. Especially when the membership is so cheap and it has so great value. For example, Black rifle is $20 each event, but free for members ($240 value). The membership also include 6 guest passes ($120 value) and use of the pistol and rifle range all for only $160 last time I checked. The membership even covers your spouse. Pretty sweet deal IMO.

That being said, for Black rifle events we/they purposely mandate 10 rounds in each mag to force a reload (practice) and we/they also use only 20 rounds of rifle so that it is required to transition to pistol to finish he course. Otherwise someone would just bring a Magpul D60 or a 40 round mag, never have to reload or transition to pistol and never get practice in either of those. The intent is to help create experience with all those.

This method provides experience to help give someone well rounded practice to help them be a well rounded shooter.

Regarding your question on pistol AR's, our event isn't a strict one when it comes to gear, just as long as the power factors are followed and basic safety rules are followed then there is a lot of room for variances.

There have been people who have used AR pistols as their rifle and a handgun sidearm in a holster.

I have never seen someone use an AR pistol as their handgun and a separate rifle for their rifle. In case you may have wondered that either.

If you have further questions, let me know.

Ok thanks I'll try and make it on the 27 but I am a truck driver so I really can't plan it for sure I could be out of state or stuck on Snoqualmie pass lol depends on weather or my route . Looks fun thanks for the info

Ok thanks I'll try and make it on the 27 but I am a truck driver so I really can't plan it for sure I could be out of state or stuck on Snoqualmie pass lol depends on weather or my route . Looks fun thanks for the info

Whenever you get there, you get there.

They do it every month, I just like to share with the forum because I'm involved and a lot of guys might want to participate but forget to check for the date it happens.

Pardon the thread revival:

Anyone doing this lately. I finally got a mouse rifle so I can shoot this, and a friend wants to try as well.

Nothing on the Renton schedule right now - missed yesterday's match.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top