JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone got any ideas where to pick up black powder?? I use to be able to drive to Longview and get it, but the shop there doesn't carry it any more.
Portland? Olympia?
Would rather not go much farther north than Olympia, but would like to know if anyone has any ideas where to get it without having to mail order and pay haz mat shipping.
I could get by without it in my muzzle loader or sharps, but I don't want to use a substitute in the old Trapdoor.

you might try the Powder Horn in Forest Grove,he'd at lest know where to send you to find some.
2835 19th Avenue
Forest Grove, OR 97116-2757
(503) 357-4570

most folks I know say if you buy enough it's worth having it shipped from sayl Powder Valley inc or one of the other online sources.

<broken link removed>

This fellow is over in Corbett. Off the beaten path, ask for directions. He always has powder and a good stock of accessories.

<broken link removed>

If you can be patient, go to this event in Monroe in a few weeks. You'll be very impressed.

Thanks for the information guys. I will check them out.
I have looked at ordering the powder, but what I've found needs you to order 5 pounds. I could do that right now, but for keeping the stock up it's nice to know where you can pick up a pound or two for just the muzzle loader or just the 45-70. I was thinking of ordering some cartridge powder for the 45-70 instead of just loading 2f. Nice if I can find a place fairly close to pick up what I need from time to time.

Graham,welcome to the site.
Your ad belongs in the classifieds,and pictures really are important to selling on the 'net.It sounds like a good deal at your price,but without pics,hard to say. Just my .02 .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top