JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone else build these old kits, I just can't help myself. This one was recieved in mixed bag deal. Someone had tried to build it but the stock is was bent so it was pretty buggered up. I had to make the brass trigger plate and trigger gaurd out of stuff I had lying around, shorten the barrel re tap for fore piece blue and polish. Lots of sanding and fitting. but it turned out OK for a lost cause. Im makeing a powder horn now should have it done in a few days.

Thanks Saread
No i did not try to steam it as the front part of the stock was allready to thin so I just shortend it. I glass bead the barrel to help make it straighter and that help. also glass bed the front cap on the wood then drilled the two holes and marked the barrel for taping.

I've recently gotten into the allure of black powder, but neither of mine are kits. They are Martini Henry and a Snider Enfield, both centerfire breachloaders. I am considering going even earlier with a 1795 Springfield and/or Brown Bess, but since I intend to shoot them, they will both be Pedersoli reproductions. They come in kit form and fully assembled, so I'll probably go the kit route on those.

That pistol looks darn good for a 'lost cause' :) .

Keith

I must have a half dozen revolver kits in various unfinished form. People buy these and never finish then sell them to me cheap. Good source for spare parts.

The black powder is additive, you can make a of of accessories yourself. Bone and leather.

Stuff I've put together
shoulder02.jpg
possiblesbag.jpg
My favorite is this old carry case.
I found repro hardware.
mycase03.jpg
mycase02.jpg
Distressed the fabric to look old, old kit gun left in the weather for a week.
mycase04.jpg
I found a hundred year old combination lock for it.

Here is what I have currently for muzzle stuffers, the little one ar 22 cal, the only one i did not make is the tiny pistol it was made By Larry Morrow, the 1860 was pretty ruff and i shortened the barrel and need to make some grips and polish the frame. I also have a TC Hawkins and Antonio 45-90 rolling block

I just saw a gun on here made by larry morrow thought that was kinda neat to see i got a few my self he made in the early 80's anyone else got any of his guns or any questions about his guns? his guns usually have a LM mark and the year and usually came in a velvet lined box which he also made

Last Edited:
First kit-build was the quintessential Thompson Hawken, this one in .45 caliber, and took a fine antelope with it. Have a CVA "Philadelphia Derringer" kit someone gave me that has been staring at me for 10 years. Same gun John Wilkes Booth changed our country with. Might get to it this winter (said same thing for 9 winters).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top