JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking at buying a Ruger old army from a guy out of state and can't seem to find an answer about weather it need to go thru an FFL dealer. Looking at the state statues talks a lot about pistols but don't find anything that addresses black powder pistols.

Thanks for the help

Looking at buying a Ruger old army from a guy out of state and can't seem to find an answer about weather it need to go thru an FFL dealer. Looking at the state statues talks a lot about pistols but don't find anything that addresses black powder pistols.

Thanks for the help
I have bought bp pistols from gunshops and there was no paperwork. State laws usually tell you what you can't do, not what you can do. The only restriction I've seen on bp guns is they are not legal for felons in WA. He can ship it to your house in WA. Some states are different.

I've run across two instances to the opposite. One was an antique Pedersoli BP shotgun that a local pawn shop would not sell without a 4473. Utter ridiculousness. The second was an OR Pawn/FFL who would not sell a ROA to me as a WA resident because it "could be converted to shoot 45 Colt". Only would ship it to a WA FFL.
Idiots.
They walk among us.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews