JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well it is a cap & ball style no as the ATF does not consider them firearms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law_in_the_United_States

Antiques

Under the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, antique firearms and replicas are largely exempted from the aforementioned restrictions. Antique firearms are defined as: any firearm with a frame or receiver manufactured in or before 1898 regardless of ignition system, or any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system, and any replica of an antique firearm if the replica is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire ammunition, or uses fixed ammunition, which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels or commercial trade, any muzzle loading rifle, muzzle loading shotgun, or muzzle loading pistol, which is designed to use black powder, or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition. (Note: Antique firearms exemptions vary considerably under state laws.)

Sorry - I should have said which state I wanted to know about.

Basically someone told me that Washington State recently changed the black powder gun laws so that pistols and rifles are treated the same as modern weapons.

Is this hot air or fact?

Sorry - I should have said which state I wanted to know about.

Basically someone told me that Washington State recently changed the black powder gun laws so that pistols and rifles are treated the same as modern weapons.

Is this hot air or fact?

Have not heard or seen that one.

Here are the WA laws, as a gun owner in WA you should take the time to read them, Chapter 9.41 RCW: Firearms and dangerous weapons

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top