JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would be in for some.

Only place I know of in the valley is in Springfield, maybe someone else knows of someone up there but places that stock it are hard to come by.

Your two choices for over the counter purchases are The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium in Springfield or Muzzleloading and More in Keizer. Both have websites. Since you're in Sandy you might try waiting until the Barlow Trail Rendezvous on Mt Hood (Government Camp) in July. Muzzleloading and More will be setting up a traders tent there and will have BP. Other than that it's all mail order for real BP.

Barlow Trail Long Rifles (muzzleloading club out by Shorty's Corner) does a club powder buy every year. Might want to check them out.

Last Edited:
10-11 years ago I tried to get a group BP buy, 25lb min total order. Price was about 1\2 of what it is today. it ended up not happening. I just order enough online to make it worthwhile for me.

Keep in mind Powder Inc will have very strict rules about buying and reselling BP so if you do a group buy I believe everyone who will be receiving powder will have to sign their paper work.

I just bought the Min they offered and was done with it.

Thanks for all of the feedback. Sorry about posting to an old post, I noticed the month and day and my first though was it was posted last month, lol.
With all of the concern regarding I43 here in Oregon, I discovered a thread somewhere about Black powder guns not requiring any government paperwork and how they can be purchased online and shipped directly to my house. I am currently in "Research Mode' and doing a bunch of reading on the subject. I am torn between buying a kit for a "Modern" cap and ball like the 1858 Army pistol or a flintlock pistol kit. I like to do woodwork and metal work, and think it would be a fun project. I will likely just run over to Kaiser to buy the BP when I have a gun to go shooting with ;)

Ron

Ron ,
I enjoy shooting my flintlocks both replica and original....but I would suggest getting a percussion action firearm as a first blackpowder arm.
Many flintlocks are a bit "fussy" and if not properly made or set up , can be frustrating to say the least...

Percussion revolvers are fun ...I again have both original and replicas...but they have their own issues as well...

If you have any questions regarding blackpowder firearms....I'd be happy to help.
I have a few of them and love to shoot muzzleloaders ...both original and replicas...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top