JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got this black powder stuff and I have no idea what some of it is. I'm helping the neighbor get rid of things for an old friend of his. So I will be putting the stuff up for sale and turning the money over to him eventually. nothing for me, just some satisfaction!

P1030934.JPG

P1030937.JPG
P1030938.JPG

Some of the stuff I know of course as I reload cartridges.

Mike

The bottom pic are aperture inserts for the front sight of a rifle. Those brass things in the first pic are measures for throwing powder.. the black thing looks like a multi nipple wrench.
The second pic shows a ball starter and some flannel for patching balls.

Well you have a smorgasbord of stuff. Last photo are inserts which go into a Globe style front sight on a target black powder cartridge rifle or it could be for a target- bench muzzle loader.

Center photo has a ball starter for a muzzleloader, nipple wrench, a jar of lead balls for said muzzleloader, pillow ticking for a lubed patch to seal the ball, and an adjustable black powder measure for a muzzle loader.

Top photo is a box of gold filler used to fill in etched or stamped logos or writing turning it into gold. It's bling for guns!

Honestly I'd put all of it in one box and give someone a bulk price. There isn't anything there I can see is ubber expensive, rare or in huge demand. The right person will appreciate it.

Hmm, thanks guys......The tool box is something the wife picked up for ME a few years ago at a garage sale or something when I first started re-loading. She didn't know better. LOL The measures/filler in the first pic are the neighbors. That tool isn't a nipple wrench, T-handle thing, though there is one in the box.

The top pic as many folks have already mention shows 6 brass powder measures. The other ones are in pic two. Sticking them on a powder horn allows you to dole out a specific amount of BP. In the second pic you will see the actual brass powder measure with a swivel funnel on the end of it. You dole out the amount you want then measure it because unfortunately the BP valve on a powder horn can stick open and just dump powder down your barrel. Your "T" handle thingy sure looks like a nipple wrench because nipples come in different sizes.

You also have a piece of pillow ticking in the top pic. It is the cloth with blue stripes on it. You just cut strips approx 3/4" wide then cut across so you have 3/4 X 3/4" squares and you have patches. If you're practicing you can just drop the patch in a small tin of water and let it soak up. Then just load the rifle, squeeze out the excess water with your fingers, lay the patch on top of the muzzle, lay a ball on top of that and hit it with a rubber hammer. Also, already mentioned, the short rod with a ball on the end is a started rod. It pushes the ball down the bore around 6 inches so you can push the ball all the way down to the bottom without breaking your ramrod. If you shoot a BP leave no airspace between the ball and powder or you turn the rifle barrel into a bomb. The water will not wet the powder as you are going to shoot within a min or so after you've loaded the rifle. If you go hunting just cut up your patches and lube them with crisco.

It appears you got the inserts for a globe front sight without the rifle. Most folks who shoot BP silhouette use globe from sights with aperture rear sights. All of my rifles, except those with scopes, use globe front and aperture rear.

I like that box of gold filler. I wonder if they still make it as it makes old BP rifles look fine!

Hope this helps.
Lp

Thanks for going so in depth Lowpower, appreciate it. I was amazed to see a pinch of the loose BP that's been in the bottom of that box was still HOT after five years or more, so much for the "Keep Your Powder Dry" phrase I guess. I'll stick to the smokeless stuff thank you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top