JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Pedersoli black powder rifle in 45 cal that I bought used. The ramrod and accessories are threaded at M5X0.8 and everything I could find is threaded at 10-32.

I would rather keep the original ramrod so I am at the point where I cut the 10-32 off of a standard jag and thread in a 5mm screw.

Does anyone know where I can get metric ramrod accessories?

I did find the jags on the Pedersoli website but they are the wrong gender (my ramrod has a female thread and all the accessories they sell in 5mm do also) :(

I am considering buying a jag and brushes and putting in an adapter screw. Ideally I would like to find the proper adapter since these things seem to be a rarity. At least the 6mm nipples are common

Try muzzleloading and more.com he has all kinds of stuff if you don't see it on the web site call him.
I was having trouble finding 58cal. Stuff and had everything I needed and more.

Stacy

GunWorks has various sizes.

I had the same problem because I have numerous range rods of various sizes and sometimes the ends don't come in the right thread. So I bought two adapters, one for each thread, so I don't have to worry!

A problem that I have found with many cleaning jags is that, out of the box, they tend to shove black powder fouling into the breech during the down stroke.

Whenever I get a new jag I chuck it into my drill press and remove just enough brass so that the jag enters the barrel smoothly but allows the cleaning patch to bunch up on the up stroke and remove the fouling from the barrel.

Hail Sithis

If the Local Shops don't have what you need, Dixie Gun Works or track of the wolf should be able to help. Also The Mountain Man Store in Manitou Springs Co. has rare and hard to find Rods and attachments, but their web sight is kind of funky, might be best to call them!
The Mountain Man
Phone [719] 685-1458
Toll Free 1-800-848-1856

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR