JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is fantastic! Hopefully it catches on.

Maj Toure is posing an unpopular, yet important, question about guns to his fellow Philadelphians: "What if we stopped trying to get guns off the streets and instead started licensing young men in Philly to legally pack heat?"

Toure, 29, is an activist and artist who lives in the City of Brotherly Love. He advocates for changing the city's culture not by getting guns off the street and out of homes, but by doing just the opposite through a campaign called "Black Guns Matter."

'Black Guns Matter' Campaign Aims to Legally Arm Urban Young Men Through 'Informed Gun Culture' (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/07/07/black-guns-matter-campaign-aims-to-legally-arm-urban-young-men-through-informed-gun-culture/)

It works in Arozonia, so I see no reason for it to not take hold! I know Az has had it's challenges with this, (Texas as well) and like any thing radical, it will take time and a lot of smart people putting personal beliefs aside to work through the changes! I can see this taking root every where if enough people can figure out how to do it safely!

How will gang bangers and drug dealers use this? Or pathers to intimidate people.

I don't see this going well.
People in urban areas are way to childish and scared of being American and knowing what freedom actually costs.

I think it need to be bloody for it to work! When enough 'bangers and dealers meet the maker, the rest will figure it out, Don't pick a fight on some one because he just may be armed and he may be trained, and your not! I think this country needs to learn this, and it will need to be hard and harsh, teach the realities of this responsibility in the school of hard knocks and people will eventually learn it!

In the last 100 years or so progressives have done a pretty good job of creating the perception of firearms ownership and self defense as deviant behavior. In the black community they have basically had 100% success so now it ain't just white cops and bankers that think every black man with a gun is a criminal its black preachers and farmers and cab drivers and doctors and teachers too.
An entire law abiding population happily disarmed at the mercy of any criminal willing to pick up a baseball bat. Disgusting !

Like the idea, needs a difference catch phrase. A movement to educate and arm law abiding members of the black community makes perfect sense. Especially in light of the fact that many crimes are committed against blacks by blacks.

Educated, trained, law abiding gun owners are not the root of the problem with firearms in our society. The root of the problem is truly a soft judicial system. A judicial system in which the criminals have more rights than the victims. And one that happens to be endorsed by most politicians.

It's time for federal prosecutors to go after inner-city gang bangers and the rampent gun violence they're committing. It's time to begin rounding up those felons, the one's illegally carrying guns and committing crimes. The ones violating federal firearms laws. But not a single one of them has been brought up on charges of federal firearms laws or is behind bars because of it. Go figure...

I agree that the amount of social programming and disinformation that has been laid out over the decades. Law abiding hard working black families that reside mainly in the city without ties to hunting or the need for guns in rural areas generally don't want to be bothered with the trouble of dealing with the police and having guns. If you are a criminal, hey, who cares? They have nothing to lose.

this just got shot in the foot... parden the pun... # dallas cops killed 7 more injured...the pic of the guy they are looking for is carrying what looks like an AR15

Cm0FciQWIAAi_2y.jpg

Im all for supporting Second Amendment rights but they really need to find a new name for this... immediately.

Great idea. Just skip the licensing part; that's a waste of time - not to mention being unconstitutional, but who cares about that any more... o_O

As to complaining about the name, I don't get it. The name sounds about perfect to me.

I remember back in the day that the VN,Republic Of would train local militias, at least until an entire unit absconded, the night before graduation, with their weapons. They had all been VC from the start

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top