Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Black Guns Matter Campaign Aims to Legally Arm Urban Young Men Through Informed Gun Culture

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Joe Link, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

This is fantastic! Hopefully it catches on.

‘Black Guns Matter’ Campaign Aims to Legally Arm Urban Young Men Through ‘Informed Gun Culture’ (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/07/07/black-guns-matter-campaign-aims-to-legally-arm-urban-young-men-through-informed-gun-culture/)

2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

"Insert Noun Here" Matters, is getting super old.

IMO he should have been more creative with his slogan.

I am all for everyone having a gun though.

bbbass, Brutus57, nammac and 3 others like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

It works in Arozonia, so I see no reason for it to not take hold! I know Az has had it's challenges with this, (Texas as well) and like any thing radical, it will take time and a lot of smart people putting personal beliefs aside to work through the changes! I can see this taking root every where if enough people can figure out how to do it safely!

Joe13, Brutus57 and nammac like this.
  4. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

How will gang bangers and drug dealers use this? Or pathers to intimidate people.

I don't see this going well.
    People in urban areas are way to childish and scared of being American and knowing what freedom actually costs.

Joe13 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

I think it need to be bloody for it to work! When enough 'bangers and dealers meet the maker, the rest will figure it out, Don't pick a fight on some one because he just may be armed and he may be trained, and your not! I think this country needs to learn this, and it will need to be hard and harsh, teach the realities of this responsibility in the school of hard knocks and people will eventually learn it!

6. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

great idea, totally wrong name....

7. Republican

Republican Georgia Member

In the last 100 years or so progressives have done a pretty good job of creating the perception of firearms ownership and self defense as deviant behavior. In the black community they have basically had 100% success so now it ain't just white cops and bankers that think every black man with a gun is a criminal its black preachers and farmers and cab drivers and doctors and teachers too.
    An entire law abiding population happily disarmed at the mercy of any criminal willing to pick up a baseball bat. Disgusting !

Goosebrown, bbbass, Pops1911 and 4 others like this.
  8. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Like the idea, needs a difference catch phrase. A movement to educate and arm law abiding members of the black community makes perfect sense. Especially in light of the fact that many crimes are committed against blacks by blacks.

Educated, trained, law abiding gun owners are not the root of the problem with firearms in our society. The root of the problem is truly a soft judicial system. A judicial system in which the criminals have more rights than the victims. And one that happens to be endorsed by most politicians.

It's time for federal prosecutors to go after inner-city gang bangers and the rampent gun violence they're committing. It's time to begin rounding up those felons, the one's illegally carrying guns and committing crimes. The ones violating federal firearms laws. But not a single one of them has been brought up on charges of federal firearms laws or is behind bars because of it. Go figure...

9. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

On hell no, great name......insert BLack AR-15 here!
    Cause we all know evil black rifles' lives matter! :D

Brutus Out

qmcswret, Ura-Ki and nammac like this.
  10. nammac

How about:

1) Black AR Lives Matter
    2) Black Glock Lives Matter
    3) Black M&P Lives Matter
    4) Black Sig Lives Matter

Captain O, Ben Beckerich and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. nwslopoke

nwslopoke forest grove Well-Known Member

I agree that the amount of social programming and disinformation that has been laid out over the decades. Law abiding hard working black families that reside mainly in the city without ties to hunting or the need for guns in rural areas generally don't want to be bothered with the trouble of dealing with the police and having guns. If you are a criminal, hey, who cares? They have nothing to lose.

bbbass, Ura-Ki and nammac like this.
  12. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Well, maybe everything but Glocks...:rolleyes:

Brutus out

206thsense, Joe13, Pops1911 and 2 others like this.
  13. nammac

Do I sense a hint of Glock
    Racisim???

qmcswret, Captain O, Joe13 and 2 others like this.
  14. Ura-Ki

All Black Guns deserve equality! What about the others not mentioned, The older generations of Black Guns, The Fal, the Ar-180, the Stg 44, ect....... Don't there lived matter?:D

Joe13 and nammac like this.
  15. bmtm09

bmtm09 olympia, wa Well-Known Member

this just got shot in the foot... parden the pun... # dallas cops killed 7 more injured...the pic of the guy they are looking for is carrying what looks like an AR15

Cm0FciQWIAAi_2y.jpg

16. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Im all for supporting Second Amendment rights but they really need to find a new name for this... immediately.

17. cowgirlkaboom

cowgirlkaboom Oregon Member

Finding a way to bridge party lines, urban/rural divides seems like one of few ways of ensuring our rights. That said, I'm glad my job doesn't require I be in cities very often.

nammac, Joe13 and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Great idea. Just skip the licensing part; that's a waste of time - not to mention being unconstitutional, but who cares about that any more... o_O

As to complaining about the name, I don't get it. The name sounds about perfect to me.

nammac and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

I remember back in the day that the VN,Republic Of would train local militias, at least until an entire unit absconded, the night before graduation, with their weapons. They had all been VC from the start

Brutus57, nammac and Ura-Ki like this.
  20. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Apparently not connected with the shooting