JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If I were to buy a black gun right now, not for shooting, but for holding onto for say 20-30 years and then either selling it or pulling it out to make gun guys drool, what would it be? Is there anything out there that is a future classic? $3000 limit, can be split to get two.

does a black uzi or mac 10 count?
class 3 stuff doesnt ever seem to lose its value, and hey whats cooler than a machine gun?:s0155:

there are several examples of m-11's and m-10's for around $3,000 on
subguns.com. i only looked for a minute,, but maybe some other stuff.
i guess you could buy some nice colt ar-15's maybe get a package deal on 3- for $3,000.

(now you've done it...I am looking in my safe to see if i have enough room for more toys,,, damn you!)..my wife hates you now.:s0114:

Semi auto's-

Pre '89 anything especially HK, Galil or Chinese AK's.

These will never be imported again. Note: I am using wishful reverse psychology, when I make a prediction about something, two weeks later I am proved wrong, so I am hopeful here.

SF-

there are several examples of m-11's and m-10's for around $3,000 on
subguns.com. i only looked for a minute,, but maybe some other stuff.
i guess you could buy some nice colt ar-15's maybe get a package deal on 3- for $3,000.

(now you've done it...I am looking in my safe to see if i have enough room for more toys,,, damn you!)..my wife hates you now.:s0114:

Sorry, I know how that story goes. Don't really care for the Maks, or uzi's. Always thought they were ugly as heck, but they serve their purpose. Forgot about Galil, as another poster mentioned. Love HK handguns, I would assume the rifles are the same high quality. Hmm.

The whole "black Gun" craze is silly. If the economy & world are gonna come to an end its not the pot bellied middle aged white men clinging to their ar-15s that are gonna weather the "end of days". Its those of us who have a practical firearm(multiple .22s with much ammo) that have the best chance of surviving. But please, by all means continue buying arsenals that cant be maintained and are marginally sound in what you think will suffice in your future.:s0114: I was in the US military and I can say even the best of them are clueless in what it takes to weather the storm ahead. Do what ya feel, I guess.

The whole "black Gun" craze is silly. If the economy & world are gonna come to an end its not the pot bellied middle aged white men clinging to their ar-15s that are gonna weather the "end of days". Its those of us who have a practical firearm(multiple .22s with much ammo) that have the best chance of surviving. But please, by all means continue buying arsenals that cant be maintained and are marginally sound in what you think will suffice in your future.:s0114: I was in the US military and I can say even the best of them are clueless in what it takes to weather the storm ahead. Do what ya feel, I guess.

So he should buy $3000 worth of .22s? I don't think he was talking about "weathering the storm" guns or "end of days" guns, just future collectables assuming the apocalypse doesn't happen in the next 20-30.:cool:

Get a HK 91 and stick it away! The German craftmanship is superb! While your at it I would buy 50 mags, carry handle, bi pod, spare rollers, bolt head, ejector (or two).

So he should buy $3000 worth of .22s? I don't think he was talking about "weathering the storm" guns or "end of days" guns, just future collectables assuming the apocalypse doesn't happen in the next 20-30.:cool:

Exactly. Not looking to start a one man militia, just a collection. Those with car collections have some that will go 200mph, and people say "Well, he'll never be able to go that fast in this kind of traffic." Those are the kind of people who don't understand collecting.

Get a HK 91 and stick it away! The German craftmanship is superb! While your at it I would buy 50 mags, carry handle, bi pod, spare rollers, bolt head, ejector (or two).

Now that is what I was talking about. I can see that some of the older ones have already appreciated quite a bit! I think this one definately qualifies.

If I had $3000 to spend on a gun right now rather than buy a stamped sheet metal machine pistol I would buy this:

(LMT .308 MWS)

It's big, bad, and black, and since I'm guessin' you already own an AR-15 it's something a little different. It's an SR-25 for half the price. It would be nice to have something that you can use to mess around on the 800yd+ range too.

I'd put a decent but inexpensive optic on it like a Millet DMS-1 or something to hold me over until I save up another $2500 and can afford one o' them new S&B 1-8x scopes made with german voodoo magic to give you parallax free true 0x AND magnification out to 8x. Don't ask me how it works but that's what they said in their press release. :eek:

Buy something that is no longer made. Colt Python is good example. Good Arsenal Saiga may not be available in future if they stop import/exports. Pre64 Winchesters maybe. Many guns come and go with the market but true drool worthy collectibles are probably already collectible.

Black guns are mostly utilitarian and the good designs are still being made. HK would be good start, chicom guns are ok but their prices did better during the ban years. Early Colt ARs have some value. Steyr AUG is rare, I bought the msar copy. Maybe a SCAR or ACR might retain value. I am a collector of military guns but I shoot my stuff. No box queens in my collection.

Buy something that is no longer made. Colt Python is good example. Good Arsenal Saiga may not be available in future if they stop import/exports. Pre64 Winchesters maybe. Many guns come and go with the market but true drool worthy collectibles are probably already collectible.

Black guns are mostly utilitarian and the good designs are still being made. HK would be good start, chicom guns are ok but their prices did better during the ban years. Early Colt ARs have some value. Steyr AUG is rare, I bought the msar copy. Maybe a SCAR or ACR might retain value. I am a collector of military guns but I shoot my stuff. No box queens in my collection.

Good points. And, actually, it is the fact that these guns are utilitarian that makes me think that it might be a good start for future collectibles. Nobody in the 1950's probably ever thought that Old Winchester 94's, Marlin 39A's, or Walther PPK's would ever be worth anything because they were utilitarian, they were everywhere. The difference, in this case, is that not only does everyone not have a "black" gun, but there is the chance that they may not be able to get them in the future. Also, it seems that most people who do have one of these seem to shoot them quite a bit, meaning that an original unfired in the box one could be a very rare thing down the road.

All I know is that I watch the auto auction shows on TV and kick myself for not seeing that those things we couldn't give away in the past are going for top dollar today. Don't have the kind of money to start a car collection, but I can do guns and I am trying to get ahead of the curve.

Love the idea of a SCAR, or Steyr AUG. Would Probably have to buy two, one queen and one fun gun.

for 3,000 you should hold on to your money until HK releases their new 308 AR model MR7.62, the model 91 sold in 1989 before the clinton ban of 94 for only 800.00 now days the same gun will fetch upwards of 2500.00 depending on condition. Hechler and Koch firearms are exellent quality and highly desired among collectors.

I also predict the new Steyr AUG made by Steyr not the clones to become collectible as well should there be another future ban inacted. A minty preban AUG is highly collectible and can sell for 3500 plus original price before ban was around 800.00

lastly check out the ps90 and fs2000 made by FN, and the M1A made by springfield Arms
cannot go wrong with either of theese for investment purposes.

Steyr aug a3s are being sold now fyi. They go for around $1,700-1,800 iirc which leaves you plenty of $ to put a nice optic on it and perhaps a light.
pix362821985.jpg

Best bullpup rifle available right now in my opinion, and it would be neat to own something that isn't an AR or an AK. Its only real flaw is the ejection port that makes it hard to do reaction side shooting (often required at practical rifle matches resulting in hilarity for everyone not running an aug). :s0114:

FS2000 looks cool but was very unimpressive when I tried one. No bolt hold open on last round and the cheap feeling charging handle are real deal breakers for me considering its hefty price tag. Forward ejection is cool though I guess. Same goes for PS90, I just didn't feel it was a very high quality weapon. I'd much rather have one of those AR57 things.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top