JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else experiencing the intention to buy gifts for family and friends from Black Friday sales and inevitably a lot of items go into your cart for you.... lol

Midwayusa.com
Primaryarms.com
Opticsplanet.com
AR500armor.com
Palmettostatearmory.com

My credit card is about to spontaneously combust from use lol.

Anyone else experiencing the intention to buy gifts for family and friends from Black Friday sales and inevitably a lot of items go into your cart for you.... lol

Midwayusa.com
Primaryarms.com
Opticsplanet.com
AR500armor.com
Palmettostatearmory.com

My credit card is about to spontaneously combust from use lol.
Never go shopping on black Friday lol I will be working this year but all other years I was sitting in a duck blind as far away from a mall as I could get

Never go shopping on black Friday lol I will be working this year but all other years I was sitting in a duck blind as far away from a mall as I could get

I don't really consider using the internet to buy things on sale going shopping. I agree with not waiting in line for hours at a brick and mortar though! I am finding that many online retailers are opening their sales prior to official black friday because they want to get to our wallets prior to us spending all our money on other things.

I don't really consider using the internet to buy things on sale going shopping. I agree with not waiting in line for hours at a brick and mortar though! I am finding that many online retailers are opening their sales prior to official black friday because they want to get to our wallets prior to us spending all our money on other things.
Lol if the hunting is slow I can order stuff from the duck blind YOU MISSED THE POINT THE BLACK FRIDAY B.S. is a joke unless there is a sale on ammo for like 2 cents a round I'll be in the blind

Did the store thing when my kid was young because we didn't have a lot of extra cash but these days she is actually easier to shop for and most of it comes from online (still not a lot of cash and staying the hell away from credit cards;)).

Plus it's gotten downright dangerous out there!:eek:

This will most likely be another Black Friday that goes by without anything that goes bang in the cart for me though lol. So I'll have to live vicariously thru y'all :D

Our family is not big gift givers. 13 adults of us so we draw names for adults, 5 grand kids are unlimited, but the emphasis is on experiences and activities over things.

We usually break some guns out on Christmas Day anyway. My wife and I buy what we want, when we want with the overriding guidance being we have an amount we can spend, don't have to spend but enjoying semi retirement does not mean we are in the poor house.

Society has just turned a Christmas celebration into a commercial marketing program.

the emphasis is on experiences and activities over things.

Society has just turned a Christmas celebration into a commercial marketing program.

We just sent this request to our close and extended family. With 3 young kids, craploads of crap shows up around the holidays. While it's appreciated by us that they want to send gifts, it's just a waste more often than not. They get played with for a few minutes, but with a whole bunch of new stuff they just don't have the attention span to stay interested in anything for long and it gets tossed aside for the next one.

We've kindly asked for college fund contribution, activity or experience passes such as the children's museum, zoo, week at grandmas this summer ;), etc.

Me on the other hand, Black Friday sales get me every year and its usually PSA that does it. Some blowout I can't resist. Hopefully I will not lose my willpower this year, again. I already sprung for the Hardened Arms AR with a pinned and welded suppressor. It's a smokin deal and "only" one stamp so, ya hopefully nothing else like that comes out.

Our family is not big gift givers. 13 adults of us so we draw names for adults, 5 grand kids are unlimited, but the emphasis is on experiences and activities over things.

We usually break some guns out on Christmas Day anyway. My wife and I buy what we want, when we want with the overriding guidance being we have an amount we can spend, don't have to spend but enjoying semi retirement does not mean we are in the poor house.

I agree wholeheartedly and we mainly opted for long distance phone calls to parents, siblings & sent cards yeats ago.
We now just know what imediet family members need & get that for them (sometimes during the year) and say this is your Christmas gift.
We would just rather have everyone home for the holidays.;)

Friday November 24th 3rd Annual
Black Friday - Black Powder Shoot!!! 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
1. 0900 to 1300 hour Range # 4 - - be there or be square! 2. Eligible Calibers are those introduced prior to the year 1899! 3. You may shoot - - Black Powder (the real stuff), fake Black Powder the stuff ! or smokeless powder the 'stuff' easiest to find. 4. Calibers 32:20 to 45:120 the caliber selected must have originally been a Black Powder Caliber. 5. Two Divisions': Black Powder (including Fake stuff) and Smokeless Powder. A. In each Division there will be a Division for Scoped Rifles and one for "Iron" The "Iron" Division is all inclusive for all types of "Iron Sights" If it ain't a scoped Rifle it is "Iron". 6. Prizes are Pickled Pigs Feet for the winner in each Division and a can of Spinach for second place. 7. Course of Fire is: 100 yards 10 rounds for score on SR-1 Target. 200 yards 10 rounds for score on MR - 52 Target 300 yards 5 rounds for score on MR - 63 Target You may post a MR 52 at each distance for sight in and you may use a Large Orange dot if you want to and if you provide it for yourself! 8. There will be Door Prizes and again this year 9. For more information if needed Contact Chuck Fox, Match Director
[email protected]

Last Edited:
Did the store thing when my kid was young because we didn't have a lot of extra cash but these days she is actually easier to shop for and most of it comes from online (still not a lot of cash and staying the hell away from credit cards;)).

Plus it's gotten downright dangerous out there!:eek:

This will most likely be another Black Friday that goes by without anything that goes bang in the cart for me though lol. So I'll have to live vicariously thru y'all :D

I used to work in baking, credit cards can enslave a lot of people who don't keep track of their spending.

If you use them just like a debit card though it can stretch your money. The card I have gives me 5% cash back on "sporting good stores" which most places I buy gun related things fall into that category, I pay the card off as soon as I spend the money and enjoy 5% more money than I would have otherwise had.

I used to work in baking, credit cards can enslave a lot of people who don't keep track of their spending.

If you use them just like a debit card though it can stretch your money. The card I have gives me 5% cash back on "sporting good stores" which most places I buy gun related things fall into that category, I pay the card off as soon as I spend the money and enjoy 5% more money than I would have otherwise had.

My dad made oodles of money and my mom spent it as fast as he made it - I didn't have great role models and have had to struggle with temptation all of my life.

Maybe someday I'll feel confident enough to get that extra 5%, but not yet.

I love Black Friday and have been participating in early morning shopping for years. It is just something I do. I made the mistake of going to Bass Pro Shops once because they had ammo cans for $5. Took over an hour to check out. Cabela's is already running deals on-line.

As long as I do not find a to good to pass up deal on a new bow, my credit card will be safe.

I agree that holidays in general are far to commercialized (all of them), but if you enjoy giving people gifts it isn't a burden and if you don't enjoy giving gifts just don't do it. I sure wouldn't want to receive a gift from someone who really disliked getting it for me.

We do the same thing in my extended family, adults do a drawing for a name and you get a gift for that one person, all adults end up getting one gift. Kids generally get a gift from the grandparents, and extended family, there is no expectation for lavish gifts. $20 on something thoughtful just for fun, but could easily be something home made and often is.

The reason why I bring up black friday is because I prefer giving gun related gifts to family members who are into that and if you know you want to give someone a gift, waiting to buy them when they are at a lower than normal price is just being strategic.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top