JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Statistically there is no way to know if these are people buying their first gun, or buying to add. Kinda glad as some sorta heavy registration would do that and we don't need that. I can say that I know that many people buy their sons and daughters firearms at Christmas.

I actually know people that are " NOT " traditional gun owners. In fact my adopted sister whom lives in Tacoma only had a 1960 38 from her mom sits in a safe. Now went out on Black Friday bought a 380 Walther and signed up to get her CCW. So I know for a fact there are new people joining the ranks. She is talking with her hubby to get one as well.
I didn't shop on BF, just didn't see anything I couldn't live without.

Statistically there is no way to know if these are people buying their first gun, or buying to add. Kinda glad as some sorta heavy registration would do that and we don't need that. I can say that I know that many people buy their sons and daughters firearms at Christmas.

I actually know people that are " NOT " traditional gun owners. In fact my adopted sister whom lives in Tacoma only had a 1960 38 from her mom sits in a safe. Now went out on Black Friday bought a 380 Walther and signed up to get her CCW. So I know for a fact there are new people joining the ranks. She is talking with her hubby to get one as well.
I didn't shop on BF, just didn't see anything I couldn't live without.

I'm seeing a growing number of people that either haven't owned guns looking to buy their first, or longtime owners that haven't bought in years, buying another or adding a handgun where they only had long guns before. Even folks that never had an interest in an AR expressing a desire to buy one. A co-worker, not particularly interested in the AR platform chose to purchase a Mini 14 instead - his first firearm in about 30 years - and anything he's owned previously were all bolt guns or shotguns for hunting. His reason for adding the Mini? Home defense. He recognizes that there are real threats to our safety. He's not ready to buy a handgun or carry....yet. Something is happening, and I put the 'blame' squarely on the shoulders of our commander/gun salesman in chief.

I'm seeing a growing number of people that either haven't owned guns looking to buy their first, or longtime owners that haven't bought in years, buying another or adding a handgun where they only had long guns before. Even folks that never had an interest in an AR expressing a desire to buy one. A co-worker, not particularly interested in the AR platform chose to purchase a Mini 14 instead - his first firearm in about 30 years - and anything he's owned previously were all bolt guns or shotguns for hunting. His reason for adding the Mini? Home defense. He recognizes that there are real threats to our safety. He's not ready to buy a handgun or carry....yet. Something is happening, and I put the 'blame' squarely on the shoulders of our commander/gun salesman in chief.

Well said, I think the same fear that feeds the sheep to run and hide, are motivating the sheepdogs to take up to defend.

I wonder how many of these liberals own stock in firearm related businesses. Every time a Republican gets elected I'll buy stock, every time a den gets elected I'll sell it for a huge profit. Profit I'll use to buy more guns

"The mainstream media is simply puppets for the White House..."

If you want accurate news, try Al Jazeera or Russia Today. ;)

Of course all "news" is propaganda.

My first AR was after Bill Clinton said I didn't need a gun like that. It made me want to buy. FU, rulers. Obedience is an attribute of slaves.

Dec 20th, 2015. Went with a friend to buy a new pistol today. Ponied up $10 for the BCI (or whatever BS they're calling that de facto registration these days), and she was told it would be ready "in about 2 hours."

Running errands, we drove past the store about 90 minutes later, and she phoned to ask if hers was done yet. They politely checked and told her she was number 17 in line. They called her back 25 minutes later to say it was ready. Right about 2 hours as predicted.

I'd like to interpret this as good news. Here's why:

- If it takes 25 minutes to do 17 checks, then that would be 81 in approximately 2 hours. My guess is a lot of that was in Multnomah and Washington Counties given their respective populations.

- If maybe 10-20% of those checks were for first time owners, then it's my hope that more and more legally armed citizens might start voting against further incremental erosion of our 2A rights.

Clever career politicians (many with no other skills) are adept at making a living, surfing any wave of popular opinion. Ironically, a lot of those same douchewagons fully realize that disarming citizens is NOT the answer to criminal behavior. But they persist, knowing they'll be supported by a sickening majority of liberal voters inhabiting Oregon's most populous counties. Thereby cementing their futures in professional politics - at least until the wind changes.

I hope, in simplistic terms, that I glimpsed a little change in the wind today. And that soon those opportunistic vote vultures will be replaced by different political hacks. Different hacks that are forced to respect the 2nd amendment just to get votes from an emerging, righteously disgruntled voting majority.

Of course, it could also just be the Sunday before Christmas and things will go back to "normal" in a week, keeping Burdick, Brown, Prozanski and all those other political whores in business. Then we'll be subjected to even more anti-gun restrictions beyond our wildest, worst nightmares.

Please, please, please let today's 2 hour BCI wait (the longest I've ever seen) be a signal that something meaningful is starting to happen.

Last Edited:
Many buyers who passed a background check may have purchased more than one gun. If only 9 percent of buyers bought two guns each, then the total number of guns bought on Friday exceeded 200,000.

I thought a background check was required for each firearm purchased. Not so?

Dec 20th, 2015. Went with a friend to buy a new pistol today. Ponied up $10 for the BCI (or whatever BS they're calling that de facto registration these days), and she was told it would be ready "in about 2 hours."

Running errands, we drove past the store about 90 minutes later, and she phoned to ask if hers was done yet. They politely checked and told her she was number 17 in line. They called her back 25 minutes later to say it was ready. Right about 2 hours as predicted.

I'd like to interpret this as good news. Here's why:

- If it takes 25 minutes to do 17 checks, then that would be 81 in approximately 2 hours. My guess is a lot of that was in Multnomah and Washington Counties given their respective populations.

- If maybe 10-20% of those checks were for first time owners, then it's my hope that more and more legally armed citizens might start voting against further incremental erosion of our 2A rights.

Clever career politicians (many with no other skills) are adept at making a living, surfing any wave of popular opinion. Ironically, a lot of those same douchewagons fully realize that disarming citizens is NOT the answer to criminal behavior. But they persist, knowing they'll be supported by a sickening majority of liberal voters inhabiting Oregon's most populous counties. Thereby cementing their futures in professional politics - at least until the wind changes.

I hope, in simplistic terms, that I glimpsed a little change in the wind today. And that soon those opportunistic vote vultures will be replaced by different political hacks. Different hacks that are forced to respect the 2nd amendment just to get votes from an emerging, righteously disgruntled voting majority.

Of course, it could also just be the Sunday before Christmas and things will go back to "normal" in a week, keeping Burdick, Brown, Prozanski and all those other political whores in business. Then we'll be subjected to even more anti-gun restrictions beyond our wildest, worst nightmares.

Please, please, please let today's 2 hour BCI wait (the longest I've ever seen) be a signal that something meaningful is starting to happen.
I had a 2 hour wait on the 18th as well with 144 ahead of me. The shop said that's what it's been running most days lately.

Oh the days of 10 minute wait times, most I ever waited in the past was 30 minutes during summer 2014 on a sale day.

Same here. I must buy at the wrong times, because my longest wait, ever was just about 30 minutes. On average I probably wait about 10 minutes tops.

I have hit the three hour mark before. If I'm more that 45-50 deep, I ask them to call me when it's finished. Don't have time to waste. There is bound to be somewhere else I need to be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top