JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Black Friday background checks shatter record

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...le-day-record/

A record number of gun-buyers flooded into retail stores on Black Friday, according to federal data, which showed that background checks surged to an unprecedented 185,345.

The previous Black Friday record, set last year, was just over 175,000 background checks. The previous single-day record, set December 21, 2012, was approximately 177,000.
FBI spokesman Stephen Fischer said "Black Friday [2015] shattered the single-day record with 185,345 background checks processed in a 24-hour period — or slightly more than two background-checks every second," according to The Trace, a group of journalists who tend to favor gun-control.
That makes Black Friday 2015 the highest single day for background checks ever.
The FBI had predicted that Black Friday would break records, as it followed unprecedented sales from May through October.
Breitbart News previously reported that May, June, July, August, September, and October were all record-breaking months for background checks. May had the most background checks of any May on record, June had the most of any June, July of any July, and so forth.
It is important to note that the number of background checks performed does not necessarily indicate the number of guns sold, as background checks are performed on the buyers of guns rather than the guns being bought.
Many buyers who passed a background check may have purchased more than one gun. If only 9 percent of buyers bought two guns each, then the total number of guns bought on Friday exceeded 200,000.

Too bad main street media does not report on this. They avoid reporting that Americans are concerned for their safety and are arming themselves.

I was in Keith's Friday. The lady there said the BGC system was 3 1/2 - 4 HRS!! behind. I have to believe that put a few people off of a purchase.

I was in Keith's Friday. The lady there said the BGC system was 3 1/2 - 4 HRS!! behind. I have to believe that put a few people off of a purchase.

There were approx. 300 people ahead of me at about 2PM. The wife and I went to an early dinner and I was picking up my rifle in about 1.5 hours later.

Keith

It's stories like this that warm my heart at this festive and patriotic time of year. I'd like to thank President Obama, Hillary Clinton, Michael Bloomberg, Rahm Emanuel, Floyd Prozanski, Gov. Kate and all the other anti-gun progressives that have such a deep love for this country and the 2nd amendment that they so effectively use reverse psychology to drive up gun sales. And, of course, they saw gun sales may not break a record on Black Friday, so to put the icing on the cake, they jumped on the opportunity to import terrorists into the country, just to be certain good Americans knew how important it would be for them to provide their own protection/self-defense.

You know, for a while I actually thought they were against guns, but it's clear, every time they open their stinking traps about more gun control, the people respond with "f@#k you, I'm buying guns!!!". I can only hope their words and actions will continue to energize the ground swell movement among freedom loving Americans.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to participate in Black Friday with a new gun purchase, my FA budget for the year was already spent. But I was there in spirit, celebrating the meaning of the season with everyone. And as Tiny Tim said "F$%k the Anti's, Everyone!!!"

You know, for a while I actually thought they were against guns, but it's clear, every time they open their stinking traps about more gun control, the people respond with "f@#k you, I'm buying guns!!!". I can only hope their words and actions will continue to energize the ground swell movement among freedom loving Americans.

Only problem is, it's the people that ALREADY own guns, buying MORE guns. Where if people were flocking to gun stores to buy their first gun, we'd really have something going! No, I'm afraid all of us firearms enthusiast buying more guns will just confirm to the anti's that we really are "Gun Nuts".

For the record....I'm a relatively new gun owner and due to the political climate in the good ol' USA I went and bought my first two long guns in the last three weeks. A Polish AK 47 and an AR 15. Atlantic Firearms AND Curt's Discount Shooters Supply thank our current elected democrats for that!

Only problem is, it's the people that ALREADY own guns, buying MORE guns. Where if people were flocking to gun stores to buy their first gun, we'd really have something going! No, I'm afraid all of us firearms enthusiast buying more guns will just confirm to the anti's that we really are "Gun Nuts".

For the record....I'm a relatively new gun owner and due to the political climate in the good ol' USA I went and bought my first two long guns in the last three weeks. A Polish AK 47 and an AR 15. Atlantic Firearms AND Curt's Discount Shooters Supply thank our current elected democrats for that!

I agree much of the sales are to existing owners, but there are new owners out there, buying their first guns. I've met several recently, some of which would have never considered buying one before. They are responding to the changing tide in America and are expressing genuine concern for their own safety in light of things like the terrorist attack in Paris. I think there is a movement that is underway that is bringing more folks onto our side than perhaps we've seen in the past. Hope and change has developed into fear and doubt for many of the POTUS' former supporters.

As for the AR/AK purchase, I bought my first AR, which I nicknamed 'Spite', just because of all the anti-gun B.S. I really had no desire to own one up to that point. It was all the anti-gun crap that pissed me off, and I jumped in - AR, followed later by an AK. Honestly, once the anti-gun rhetoric settles down and they leave our guns alone, I'll probably stop buying them. Until then, I'll continue to support the economy with a middle finger pointed at all of those who seek to take those rights away.

I hope your right about the new gun owners, a lot of them let's hope.

I don't know about the settling down on buying though......
It's an adrenaline rush for me!

I hope your right about the new gun owners, a lot of them let's hope.

I don't know about the settling down on buying though......
It's an adrenaline rush for me!

Well I should qualify the settling down would be on actual firearms. I'm behind on accessories and ammo due to spending the last few years plugging holes in my collection - primarily beasts that would be targeted in the next round of freedom stealing. I need to focus more attention on optics, etc. in the near future. That said, my wish list of firearms to acquire is still plenty long - it will take some time to chop away at it.

As for the adrenaline rush, I loved the chance to try different guns by buying, then selling, what I didn't want to keep. Now that's become more difficult and expensive. Took the fun out of that part of it.

Happiest 2 days in a boat-owner's life ?
The day he buys it...
...and the day he sells it.

Happiest 2 days in a Gun-owner's life ?
The day he buys it...
...and the day he realizes that more than one, is more the fun. :s0155:

Black Friday background checks set new record
Last Friday may have been the hottest single "Black Friday" for retail gun sales in the history of the National Instant Check System, as USA Today reported Tuesday that the system processed 185,345 requests, but even more significant was the news Monday from the National Shooting Sports Foundation....

<broken link removed>

I did some quick research on the FBI and BATFE websites. One reference says thirty states, the territories, and Washington DC use the NICS system. A participation map showed all states used the NICS in some manner. Another reference said that eight states have ATF approved alternatives for handgun sales.

Black Friday background checks set new record
Last Friday may have been the hottest single "Black Friday" for retail gun sales in the history of the National Instant Check System, as USA Today reported Tuesday that the system processed 185,345 requests, but even more significant was the news Monday from the National Shooting Sports Foundation....

<broken link removed>

It would be nice if there were a way to correlate BGC's with actual sales, especially to new/first time buyers. That would really be telling as to the state of thinking in the country. What would be available and would be interesting to parallel are the number of new CC permit applications in each state across the country. That might better reflect either first time buyers or first time CC applicants that haven't had them before. It would be nice to know that number on a national level, as well as the trend. I understand the trend is on the way up, we probably need to see that info on a regular basis.

Just curious Dave, are you aware of ANY reports of anyone being either arrested or charged under I-594 yet? We get numbers here from the state police on the number of private sales, and how many didn't pass, but I haven't seen those numbers for WA.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top