JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like a bear turd, from a bear that has been eating mostly meat... I suppose it could possibly be from a cougar, but they usually paw the ground around it and cover it up a little bit, so I am thinking bear scat for sure. Especially in the area "south" of Corvallis.

This is 100% NOT elk poo! If you think this is elk poo then wow! you need to get out more....

I've got 2 trail cam's ordered. We go out there for camping and target shooting (Rifle Golf), 160 acre all to ourselves. Would be nice to know what else is out there. ;-)

If and when I get pics, I'll post up here. Thanks for the info guys.

Looks like a bear turd, from a bear that has been eating mostly meat... I suppose it could possibly be from a cougar, but they usually paw the ground around it and cover it up a little bit, so I am thinking bear scat for sure. Especially in the area "south" of Corvallis.

This is 100% NOT elk poo! If you think this is elk poo then wow! you need to get out more....

Or stare at more piles of bear poo:D

Are you sure it's not someone's pile of Kingsford briquettes? Maybe someone thought that was a great spot for a batch of dutch oven biscuits but forgot their matches...

It's bear. I've hunted them for decades and yes, studied the scat.
It's an excellent way to know where and what their feeding on.
Note the date on the picture, April.
Spring bear eat lots grass to get their dormant digestive tract fired up after hibernation and will also consume available winter kill carrion.
Believe it or not, digested grass also has a blackish color to it,,
Elk, deer horse scat also has a black tint too, but the pic by the OP is a pile of spring bear scat.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top