JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They don't poop in the woods,... they poop in the middle of the road...

image2_zpsoizpgmgz.jpg image1%202_zpsmmllhjcy.jpg

I hunt in the Rogue/Umpqua area, have for years. We've always had a joke that bears don't poop in the woods, they poop on the roads. Sometimes you'll see piles scattered up and down old logging roads. Maybe they don't like the grass tickling their poop hole :)

I saw some green tubes that the pile was as big as my boot toe. Thought it might be llama as there were some up in Sequim. Maybe taking them with for a horse ride. Dad always said bear poo looked like cow pies.(he worked where there was lots of berries lol )
Then I'm out past P.A. and see some blacked,older poo as big as the last one. Asked a game warden WTF? cause this would be a huge cat.
Oh yeah,bear poo.
Then I started to remember that other pile.
It was minutes old:eek:

I think it just depends on what the bears are eating. Most piles of bear scat I've seen when hunting look like HUGE piles of dog poo, with seeds from berries and sometimes hair in them. But if a bear has been feasting mostly on berries then I could see where it would be more cow pie like.
That picture sure looks like elk scat to me. But also looks like maybe moose? But we don't know where the OP took the picture. If in Tualatin I'm sure it's not moose.

I was analyzing 3 different coyote piles,each one changing more from looking like scat to pile of plum seeds,and my friend just couldn't understand my interest
IT'S POO why look at it?
Hey it's just what some hunters do:D
Just wondering what some folks would think looking at this thread:confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR