JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
]I would like to apologize to salmonriverjohn for my uneducated and on called for smart *** attitude. You sir are correct. I thank you for your information. This is what I have found out about my bear rug. I have a few things to get and then I will be able to sell my bear. They are as listed below. I have an appointment to have my bear registered and approved for privet sale with the Clackamas office of the Oregon fish and wildlife. So when it is registered and tagged by the government it will be back up for sale. But it will have a bigger price tag.

635-200-0120
Taxidermy Mounts
(1) A game mammal taxidermy mount acquired from an Oregon decedent by survivorship or any form of
succession may be sold by the decedent's survivor or successor to any person, provided that the seller first obtains
a registration permit from the department.
(2) To obtain a permit, the seller must provide the department with:
(a) An Oregon death certificate for the decedent;
(b) For mounts of game mammals harvested before January 1, 1999, an affidavit by the seller stating that (to
the best of the seller's knowledge) the decedent legally harvested the game mammal and describing how the seller
legally acquired the mount by survivorship or succession; and
(c) For mounts of game mammals harvested on or after January 1, 1999, a properly validated tag which the
decedent used to document legal harvest of the game mammal.
(3) Upon compliance with the requirements of subsection (2), the department shall register the mount and affix
a permanent identification numbe

Not a joke,, I know of two of the states finest game officers that frequent these pages!
You may want to consider that part. Read the section under "rules&information at the top of this page that stated all the info on your profile may be turned over if investigated, you agreed to it when you signed up here.

No Person Shall:
■■Disguise the sex or kind of any wildlife
while in the field or in transit from the
field.
■■Waste any game mammals or parts
thereof, except that meat of cougar
need not be salvaged.
■■Sell, trade, barter, exchange, or offer
for sale, trade, barter, or exchange,
any game mammal or parts thereof
EXCEPT as identified in Oregon Administrative
Rule 635, Division 200. If
you have questions relative to the sale
of wildlife parts, or would like a copy
of Division 200 please call your local
ODFW office.
This info is on page 27 of your 2010 Oregon dept of fish and wildlife hunting rules hand out. As far as the question asked by wwkii,, I believe that addressed in here somewhere also. Sheds can be illegal if sold in sets with the skulls attached,, not sure exactly how its worded,, go to the odfw home page, look up rules. You'll find it,, I found this for you already,, hope it helps. I just don't want to see you loose any privileges or worse.

it is in fact against the law to sell that black bear rug in the state of oregon, i dont make the laws , just letting you know the law , if you dont believe it call fish and wildlife, you can although sell a grizzly rug because it is not native to oregon , some fine differences ................better to know and be safe than to be unsure and have some headaches you dont want:s0131:

Oh my god. Its a 25 year old bear rug. It is not illegal for me to sell it. Where did you go to law school?

I didn't go to law school,, but I can read, can you mudog? I went through the trouble to get you the info directly out of the ODFW rules book, including the page,, and was only trying to save you the possible chance of getting tangled up with the law. Whether you like it or not, it is illegal in the state of Oregon to sell the rug. It doesn't make a bit of difference if its five or fifty years old. Do I give two craps?? Nope. Best of luck.

Ok, l give up. I have sent an email with pictures of my bear to the game inforcement dept of the oregon state police. If l am wrong l will admit it and apologize to all. So my bear sale is now on hold.

Ok, l give up. I have sent an email with pictures of my bear to the game inforcement dept of the oregon state police. If l am wrong l will admit it and apologize to all. So my bear sale is now on hold.

If you don't have any paper work as a time of purchase etc....you maybe in trouble if all the above comments are correct.

I am very curious also. Does this apply to all animals?( Deer,Elk,Fish,Pheasant)I can understand not harvesting Bear Paws and selling in China Town but I am astonished to hear you cannot buy and sell taxidermy. Is it legal to get get taxidermied when you kill with bear tag,are black bear indangered in Oregon?. I am very ignorant on the subject and would appreciate any information on subject. I guess I will try Fish and Game and possibly YOGI

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top