JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I assume that this commercial was ordered up by the same people that ordered that stupid Cover Oregon ad that the late night comedians couldn't resist mocking. I wonder if the comedians will discover this one, too?

Seen this yet? Sorry, but I find this ad kind of odd - and slightly 'creepy' in a way. Not unlike the similar PSA for the OHP during the Obummer years.

It has a few 'subliminal' messages in it as well. Watch closely.
@ 1:08 into the Vid. .
What I don't get ? , what the hell does the animated love scene between the Furry and He-She Cross dress Fairy, got to do with anything ???

What I don't get ? , what the hell does the animated love scene between the Furry and He-She Cross dress Fairy, got to do with anything ???
The video features several locations and establishments throughout Oregon. That's the part where they did downtown Portland (when it's not fire).

The video features several locations and establishments throughout Oregon. That's the part where they did downtown Portland (when it's not fire).
And TBF, that is the sort of thing you can see regularly in downtown Portland, albeit perhaps a bit less cleanly looking. And it's hard to portray the smell over video.

:D

what the hell does the animated love scene between the Furry and He-She Cross dress Fairy, got to do with anything ???
That was a tough one for me to grasp as well.

I always thought the 'half man - half animal creature known as a 'centaur' had the upper part as a human but in this case it was a two legged 'thing' with a burro/donkey upper.

Regardless this vid is a very strange portrayal of Oregon in general - but one I am sure the weird counter-culture, bizarro, off-center hippy/freaks that seem to dominate this state just love.

It was supposed to represent a performance of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" where Titania, Queen of the fairies and under the spell of a love potion interacts with Bottom, who's head has been transformed into one from a jackass by Puck. This is a reference to the Shakespearian Festival at Ashland, Oregon.

The real question is: How is someone unfamiliar with Oregon supposed to figure out these obtuse references?

A bunch of dillettante artistic types getting high and watching "Fantasia" and Japanese anime before writing the script of the ad.

Supporting the environment and shopping at farmer's markets is liberal now? I need to tell a few family members...
I absolutely agree! Tell everyone you know that there is a short documentary on weird people making Oregon look like a place to avoid. This is a very accurate depiction of that cesspool known as potland. I have literally seen this with my own eyes, these "citizens" playing dress up mid day and walking around the schity (city) and keeping it "weird", like that's a good thing. I could only assume that they are on their lunch breaks, as I'm sure they are hard working and productive members of normal society, LOL. Stay in the schity limits you freaks!!!! It's schit like this that is taking America down, we are no longer a powerhouse on the world scene because of these "open" thinkers and actors/pawns, I am nowhere near a closed minded thinker though. I fully support everyone's right to be wrong, as long as it doesn't hurt me.

It was supposed to represent a performance of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" where Titania, Queen of the fairies and under the spell of a love potion interacts with Bottom, who's head has been transformed into one from a jackass by Puck. This is a reference to the Shakespearian Festival at Ashland, Oregon.

The real question is: How is someone unfamiliar with Oregon supposed to figure out these obtuse references?

A bunch of dillettante artistic types getting high and watching "Fantasia" and Japanese anime before writing the script of the ad.
A fairy and a Bottom? No that's Portland, not Ashland. :D

I kind of thought that the donkey was there because an elephant would have been totally inappropriate for the woke masses in potland.

Seems to me this dorky ad will reach people that have already seen what Portland turned into in the last two years. Good job once again O feckless, and oblivious, leaders of potland! I wonder how much that cost the working residents of the city?

Seems to me this dorky ad will reach people that have already seen what Portland turned into in the last two years. Good job once again O feckless, and oblivious, leaders of potland! I wonder how much that cost the working residents of the city?
I believe that all OR. State Advertisement/ Self promotion , is handled by a department called, Travel Oregon Agency, that has a budget of 75 Million+-$$$ ,with 60 employees and pays it's overseeing Director a annual salary of 381,000+$$$ .
You would have to call them and ask, ..." what did this cartoon of fantasy Cost to produce " .

Was this a Travel Oregon production? If it was, kudos to them. Someone should nominate them for an award.

The best commercials are 1) Memorable 2) Shareworthy 3) Communicates the brand's value ( Keep Portland Weird?)

Terrific job. Very well done. The actors are so realistic, set design, costumes, so accurate. Very well done!

Was this a Travel Oregon production? If it was, kudos to them. Someone should nominate them for an award.

The best commercials are 1) Memorable 2) Shareworthy 3) Communicates the brand's value ( Keep Portland Weird?)

Terrific job. Very well done. The actors are so realistic, set design, costumes, so accurate. Very well done!

:s0140: Laughing with tears forming in my eyes!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top