JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK I admit it I love Anime, it's the Childish Ying to my Adult Political Yang, there seems to be a sub Genre that combines young girl robots (?) with guns, such as Gunslinger Girl which below the surface has some serious political themes.
I just discovered a new one which is extremely bizarre, school girls who ARE assault rifles, what's worse is that there is a strong pervvy element in it as well.
or am I wrong?
You be the judge!
Watch Upotte! | Grip and Hold! online | Free | Hulu

I don't Facebook or Hulu, so couldn't view the vid...

Now that I've seen the 2nd episode: The series is loaded with specs and trivia, who knew the Swiss used a 556 G-90 bullet to reach farther then the ss109?
Currently the girls are clearing a school Bldg before taking out a sniper in the attic.

I have facebook but Hulu was going to get my personal info. I don't need to watch anything that bad.

You can see some of these on Utube. I don't get it I guess. Like this, they title it "funny", but really?

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the series last night, lots of insights and lore about the various 556 ARs (such as the L85s plastic stock is very susceptible to UV rays and the mag often falls out) plus the political backgrounds they represent. in the end there is an unprovoked attack of the AKs against the western ARs, "because that's what AKs do".

I never did understand the Japanese obsession with Anime. And they do seem to like the young school girl look in more than a passing way. Nothing seems to have changed since I was there in the 80s.

Keith

Yeah, a lot of anime is super freaking weird. I could never get into it like a lot of kids in my generation did in our younger years.

I remember watching Robotech when I was a kid - like eight years old or so. There was a scene where a bunch of teenage boys kidnapped a girl and ripped her clothes off - all of it was animated in full detail. Eight year old me and my friends went WTF and didn't tell our parents, who rented it from the local corner store and didn't know any better.

There is some absolutely great stuff out there too, like Cowboy Bebop - a great animated sci-fi/western genre mashup with lots of accurate gunplay/action scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owgu_DxlwVU

And there is Hayao Miyazaki, who probably produces some of the best children's animated movies in history, even if a lot of them are fraught with PC/environmental messaging.

Well, I suppose there are probably females out there who are in to anime too. You might have a shot at having sex with them, but my money is on them being lesbians.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top