JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/confrontation_between_student.html

At first, I thought it was a typical Portland Hyper-Liberal outburst against guns. Then the details are just bizarre. The student has Israeli / US citizenship. He was (or still is) a former IDF assasin. He didn't let the prof. know he was going to bring in a firearm for demonstration when the campus has a policy of no firearms. All the other comments in the story about what the student said to people suggest he was a sponsored provocateur. And notice who the lawyer is.

Last Edited:
The student is a tard for bringing firearms on campus...and the professor is even more of a tard for trying to salvage his own reputation by attempting to ruin the student's.

Reading some of the comments, below the article, is what really amazes me. All they see is some crazed PTSD vet brining guns, talking about war and on the verge of killing someone.

He's not the guy I'm worried about....this outspoken student trying to make guns apart of college lessons and culture isn't the man people should be throwing the blame on, it should be on the liberal-closed-minded fools that make guns seam like the tools for murder than the tards that do it.

All I am getting out of this is that liberals can be conspiracy theorists too! Wow, I always thought wacko conspiracy theory was all up to us conservatives.

Seriously though, there are only a few reasons to be going around and bragging about your abilities to kill or make bombs. You are either trying to make up for what you perceive as a lack of your own manhood, you are seriously immature, or you are having some mental problems. I worry that the last be the case for the young war veteran; hopefully he will get some help.

He may have U.S. Israeli citizenship, but the Oregonian does not have the resources or ability to confirm his IDF service, which would in no way be officially disclosed by the Israeli government for a foreign, especially local, news service.

Sounds like he's one of those wannabes that has one thing that strengthens his story, Israeli citizenship. I doubt he has "bullet wounds," too. The talk of "the science of bullets penetrating flesh" may indicate a knowlege of self-mutilation, not military know-how.

Also, he's not an assassin, he was, according to himself, a sniper.

Why wouldn't they. Israel brags all the time about their capabilities. They aren't secret about much of anything besides going and wacking people in other countries; like Dubai. They wouldn't have jack bubblegum if it wasn't for Britain and the US. Sniper for IDF = genocide acts on anyone around Israel. Mostly Palestinians.

There are paid provocateurs all over the place, especially within the White Pride divisions. But sending an Israeli to probably the most feminized, liberal, no responsibility city on the west coast to get people to get AK's and go nuts and blow up stuff with RDX... well good luck with that. If you can pry the PBR out their hand, maybe... Maybe Paulson & Son are just trying to get some entertainment going.

He may have U.S. Israeli citizenship, but the Oregonian does not have the resources or ability to confirm his IDF service, which would in no way be officially disclosed by the Israeli government for a foreign, especially local, news service.

Sounds like he's one of those wannabes that has one thing that strengthens his story, Israeli citizenship. I doubt he has "bullet wounds," too. The talk of "the science of bullets penetrating flesh" may indicate a knowlege of self-mutilation, not military know-how.

Also, he's not an assassin, he was, according to himself, a sniper.

I think you've nailed it right there.
An immature guy, who feels powerful because he has guns.

How many vets do you know that brag about having killed people?

That's most likely true, however, he's not a US soldier. While I don't know many US soldiers who brag of their exploits, but I haven't known many Israeli soldiers, so I'm not sure it would be appropriate to guess how their culture works...

That's most likely true, however, he's not a US soldier. While I don't know many US soldiers who brag of their exploits, but I haven't known many Israeli soldiers, so I'm not sure it would be appropriate to guess how their culture works...

The ones I've met aren't braggarts either.

None that I know of...this actually reminds me of a quote from the book 13 Cent Killers

The author (John Culberston) states that everyone he talked to that has been to Vietnam was a Marine, Force Recon...

Then he states "Where were all the ****ing cooks hiding?"

None that I know of...this actually reminds me of a quote from the book 13 Cent Killers

The author (John Culberston) states that everyone he talked to that has been to Vietnam was a Marine, Force Recon...

Then he states "Where were all the ****ing cooks hiding?"

:) So true. I've met so many Special Forces soldiers, Navy seals and Marine Snipers that come into the E.R. that it seems like Oregon is a spec ops retirement home. Funny how the Marine snipers cant seem to remember one of their general orders. Its been over twenty five years for me since boot and I can still remember five or six of them. If you haven't read the book Stolen Valor by Burkett and Whitley, its a pretty good read although a bit dated. There was an article a while back about the VA cracking down on claims for POW/MIA benefits from Desert Storm, OIF, and OEF. Seems that hundreds are claiming to have been taken prisoner or MIA when the real number is less than 30 or something like that. It also said that 4 women are claiming POW benefits from the Vietnam War. :(

Who knows if this guy did what he said he did but bringing a firearm to PSU demonstrates a dangerous level of ignorance or level of arrogance that borders on criminality. At the very least, I hope he learns from this experience and develops a more reserved way of expressing his opinions.

Besides, if the AK was better than the AR, why does he own the AR? Just kidding...:)

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/confrontation_between_student.html

At first, I thought it was a typical Portland Hyper-Liberal outburst against guns. Then the details are just bizarre. The student has Israeli / US citizenship. He was (or still is) a former IDF assasin. He didn't let the prof. know he was going to bring in a firearm for demonstration when the campus has a policy of no firearms. All the other comments in the story about what the student said to people suggest he was a sponsored provocateur. And notice who the lawyer is.

Wow. It's amazing that they didn't call the AR 15 an assault weapon.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads