JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I decided after 10 Years of not having a CCP it was time. I Paid the local GOV their fees got inked and now the wait.

I am also debating on getting my C&R! I am Tired of the x-tream private party prices for adding to my collection. Yes, the GOV will know what and how many I have but it may be worth the headache and intrusion to save a little money. I am willing to pay a little extra for anonymity but not $75-100+ over retail.

Curio and Relic I believe. It is a limited version of an FFL that allows you to buy and sell guns older than a certain age. Other people will have to chime in for more details. I only have a handle on the basics...:p

C&R, what's that,,,catch and release?

Collectors license for "Curio and Relics"....older rifles and handguns....50 years or older

You are able to buy and sell and have them shipped direct to your door...iirc $35 for the license for 5 years...you need forms notarized and send copies to the ATF and your local CLEO and wait 8-12 weeks

it is good to collect the basics, Nagant pistol, k98, k31, 91/30, m44, m38, Garand, Russian SKS

Collectors license for "Curio and Relics"....older rifles and handguns....50 years or older

You are able to buy and sell and have them shipped direct to your door...iirc $35 for the license for 5 years...you need forms notarized and send copies to the ATF and your local CLEO and wait 8-12 weeks

it is good to collect the basics, Nagant pistol, k98, k31, 91/30, m44, m38, Garand, Russian SKS

And generally gets you basic dealer discounts at online retailers like MidwayUSA and Brownell's. :)

The ATF will take about... iunno, six or eight weeks to get the C&R app to you. I haven't bothered to send it back yet, but I understand that the wait to receive the app is dwarfed by the wait to get the license itself...

But on the plus side, you apparently get lots of legalese to read when the license is issued! ;)

Hey Contract P, my C & R lic this year came way late. Finally, I called like 4 times to resend. If yours is slow in coming, call and ask for the licensing examiner for you. She'll be the same as mine due to our region. You see everyone at BATF were very helpful doing their job. It turns out that sometimes when they click the computer button to mail the license, nothing happens nothing ships. Though it appears to them that it is going out to you. Finally, the examiner being embarrassed for her department sent it by fax and priority mail. Good people with computer issues. (I was too busy taking care of my elderly mom's health to notice the delays.)

My Washington CPP arrived on the 26th but was not valid till the 27th hahaha... Got all my BATFE paperwork in the mail box when I got home this evening now got to go get inked again and send my C&R paperwork out... how fun!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top