JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
(253) 852-8552
1412 W Morton St
Kent, WA 98032

Just called these guys and their hours are:
Tuesday 10-6
Thursday 10-8
Saturday 10-2

I am going up on Tuesday and will do some shopping. I will let all you Washingtonians up this way know how it works for us non-LDS folks.

I am looking for Hard Winter wheat, salt, sugar, beans, lentils in #10 cans and if I am able to can it myself, all the more power to me.

SF-

You should be able to find all those without a problem..I would highly recommend the dehydrated potato pearls..they are to die for and taste so good you can eat them right outa the can

I'm not LDS and have canned at the Burlington Bishop's Storehouse.
Had a good time and got a great deal.

The beans and lentils with the carrots and onions are great for soups and stews.
The oats with freeze-dried apples make a great breakfast.

Well I went up to the Kent Bishop Storehouse yesterday with the intent of learning what they are all about. These are my observations:

1. Friendly towards non-LDS

2. Cannot can in their dry-pack room without a LDS member or group present

3. Cannot borrow their #10 can sealer without a member checking it out

4. Can purchase their list of foods found on their web sight order form: <broken link removed>

5. Can purchase the "basic foods" (Red Hard Winter Wheat, Pinto Beans, Long grain White rice and Quick Oats) already sealed in #10 cans in cases of six cans per case

6. The "beans and lentils with the carrots and onions are great for soups and stews" has been discontinued.

7. The potato pearls are popular in flavor but have a short shelf life so the church is considering of discontinuing the product

8. I didn't ask about canning ammo or non-food items in their dry-canning room as it appeared to be a semi-sterile environment. I would prefer to can non-food items at home with the #10 can sealer on my own.

9. You can purchase all the #10 cans, lids, plastic lids (use after opening), oxygen absorbers, labels and the boxes that hold six cans each at cost.

10. The pricing system appears to be on a cost + whatever is needed to cover their small expenses. Very economical and I will be buying from them in the future

11. They prefer to have you fill out the online form and send it to them so they can fill your order and have it waiting for you. See above form.

12. They prefer checks made for the exact amount and if you use cash for exact change only. The purchase I made had about $4.00 coming back to me so I said keep it as a donation. They can take cash but prefer not to. They said they will be able to take debit card this fall.

All in all, good experience and got me looking into buying my own #10 can sealer and maybe renting it out in the future.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top