JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My dog's better than your dog.
Ever since about sept 30, my dog has been looking at me like, hey dude, release me, it's hunting time.
So, I did. I took him to the river and threw a tennis ball in the water, he fetched it eagerly, but with some disappointment as to his challenge.
Ok, I throw in a 2x4 size piece of driftwood and he fetches it back, shakes off and then gives me the "is that all you got" look.
So, ok, I find a nice heavy small piece of driftwood and toss it as far as I can thinking that will keep him busy for a bit. Next thing I hear is an oogah horn going off and there is the dog on the beach with a 3" rope in his mouth and a Tidewater barge heading toward the beach.
Bring it guys, brag your dogs up.

Mine's worn out a dozen or more of these retriever dummys just since summer. He's so intense about it, he head butts and pushes the back of my legs when I walk toward the door in my shop to hurry me up. He does at least 50 wind sprints a day, most closer to 100.

t-17976.png

German Short Haired Pointers are OK, but generally kinda stupid and very stubborn. We used to raise them for field trials. My old long gone Yellow Lab rescue dog was probably smarter than me, but that is easy to be.

We now live in SW OR USA. One of the many beautiful things about this neck of the woods is that when you dog is barking up the wrong tree it is significant. The squirrel has jumped. She got one, I got two. Yumm yumm.

Chihuahuas are extremely smart. Also extremely brave to a fault. Excellent sense of smell. They also do not eat much. You can place the tea cup versions into a big hunting jacket inside pocket. They love to cuddle. OK inside.

My Lhasa chased a 120# mastif down a gravel road back to its house and came back prancing like Pepe lepew.

Unfortunately he has my personality - too smart for his own good and not afraid of anything:p

My 230 pound Neufy is a Ocean Going Tug, He drags my boat around the pond by the painter line, can drag anchor, and can pull start my Willy!!! He demands swimming time, loves baths, and prefers dark beer! He thinks he is a retriever, his best buddy is a Golden, and he likes to sleep right in the middle of what ever project I have going on, he loves helping the wife in the garden, he drags the yard cart along full of plants and potting soil, and he hauls firewood during cutting and splitting season! Not a great hunter, but will happily carry or drag any kill we happen to get.:):):)

Don't leave your Black Rifle Cofveve where he can reach it, nothing worse then a Neufy on a caffeine high!:oops: and don't let the Golden near it ether, non stop fetching will insue!:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top