JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking at bipods for different caliber rifles (pictinny, MLOK, KeyMod)....I'll spend money on an optic but I just can't justify over $75 for a bipod ....unless I'm missing something. I make my own shooting sticks for less than $10...... I just want something for long range bench or slow target acquisition.

I have always been a fan of the Harris bipods. Never had anything but excellent performance from them. New they might not meet your under $75, but search for a used one and you should be able to stay under your price point.

Once you use an atlas or a gg&g you will see how you can spend 2-300 bucks on a bipod.
Just my .02
giphy.gif

i understand harris.....I have one on my.30-06.....been fine but springy...seems cheap to me

The springy actually helps. Bipods are very rigid and cause a lot of bounce if laid on hard ground or objects. Many people dont properly "load" a bipod. Shooting sticks negate the problem by letting the rifle slide. When the bipod is attached to the gun, you lose that and the reaction after recoil can manifest itself as bounce.

I'm looking at bipods for different caliber rifles (pictinny, MLOK, KeyMod)....I'll spend money on an optic but I just can't justify over $75 for a bipod ....unless I'm missing something. I make my own shooting sticks for less than $10...... I just want something for long range bench or slow target acquisition.

I'm with ya on this, I made my own shooting sticks for my .45-120. BUT I will spend the money for a Harris. I hunt then at the gun shows, I've even picked up a couple at flea markets. I don't mind refinishing one a bit if it means I can score it cheap and I've done just that more than once. The worst bipod I've ever used has to be the GI issue one for the M16. Scratch the crap out of the barrel and are flimsy ta boot. I still have one simply because it goes with my SP1.
Depending on what you are using, you might be just as well off with a couple of shot bags filled with sand. I have the nice shooting bags, but those old shot bags are always in the floorboards of the truck and still serve me well.

I use a harris bipod (the type with the center pivot and notched legs) with a GGG quick release picatinny adapter for my free floated AR's. I just move it from rifle to rifle. It's also easy to detach and put on a hunting rifle. Get a decent one and it's a one time purchase.

Buy a bunch and tell us how well they work and hold up for you. I personally prefer to purchase from the original manufacturer unless they let quality slip.

Again thats why I'm here...a bipod that cost more than a gun or optic (lets say a 10/22 or 5.56 oracle) if pvc/wood shooting sticks......why the hype over a $1-300 bipod.....

Amazon.com: Cale's review of Green Blob Outdoors CNC QD Tactical Bipod ...

Check out the reviews above. Solid 4 stars. The main complaint seems to be that it is or can work loose. A couple of reviews said they fixed the problem with a flat and lock washer. In light of the money savings I could do that with no problem. Some folks may not want to have to fiddle with anything, but 60 bucks is a long ways from 300.
YMMV

Again thats why I'm here...a bipod that cost more than a gun or optic (lets say a 10/22 or 5.56 oracle) if pvc/wood shooting sticks......why the hype over a $1-300 bipod.....

It all depends. I paid about $100 for my Harris, but I know it isn't likely to fail me when I need it. I also share it's use on over a half dozen rifles. Let's say I buy a cheap (as opposed to inexpensive) bipod and when I'm setting up it collapses and I ding the crown of my barrel or get crud inside. Best case scenario is I have to carefully clean the barrel (maybe ruining a hunt) and worst case is debris in the barrel when I fire my next round. Somewhere in the middle is a loss of accuracy until I can get it to a gunsmith.

Now an inexpensive one (less price but performs as well) saves me money. Then again if that inexpensive unit was made from cheap metal you may need to replace it in a few years due to rust or other issue. Do this a few times and you have now spent more money in total and you have an inferior product.

It all depends.

Now an inexpensive one (less price but performs as well) saves me money. Then again if that inexpensive unit was made from cheap metal you may need to replace it in a few years due to rust or other issue. Do this a few times and you have now spent more money in total and you have an inferior product.

Agree...cheap vs inexpensive.....A ruined crown is a sad SAD (for me....P!$$ed) day/hunt

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top