JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get the Harris model that will tilt. Then buy the pod lok. Without the pod lok you will rip up your fingers getting the thing tight enough. Expensive yes, but worth the extra money.

BIG DEAL:

Not a single person (I guess I'd call them shooters, but that'd be a stretch, since they failed their practice), asked your purpose.

And so, I will venture forth (as a shooter) and ask your purpose.

My answers would vary (as would answers from any shooter dealing with bipods by experience), based on your purpose.

(And now, some experienced posters here are reconsidering very fast.)

Spitpatch, good question. I should have provided that clarity in the initial post.

I want this for the range, and then if ever needed for tactical/protection purposes of my acreage.

Peter

Still a bit vague, Peter. "Range": shooting off a bench, prone, sitting, kneeling?? For bench shooting, ear bags front and rear are FAR, FAR better than any bipod.

As for tactical/protection purposes of your land, you may find that for very much of field use (and by "field use", I would include protection purposes as well as hunting), that shooting sticks may be a far better choice: They do not change the balance of your gun, are quite a bit more variable and versatile than a bipod (even the swivel type).

I wrote a short dissertation of bipod vs shooting sticks elsewhere on this website (primarily for hunting purposes), but much of my experience and preferences stated there translates easily and practically to defensive uses.

Bipods do have their uses. But very often for a certain situation, activity and scenario, there are better choices. ANYTHING that changes the weight, balance and handling of your gun significantly should be seriously weighed (pun intended) against its actual produced benefits as opposed to what can be duplicated with something that is not attached to the gun.

Thanks. You've got me doing more contemplation before any purchase (which is good). I'll try to find your article on shooting sticks, and do some research. I'm glad I asked the question here. :)

Peter

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top