JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like to acquire a bipod for my Remington 700P LTR (chambered in .308 Winchester). For the bipod, I lean toward quality stuff and I'd prefer something that isn't too heavy.

Any considerations are appreciated.

Peter

I got tired of crappy ones so I bought an Atlas w/ a quick mount so I can hop it from one to another (of the two rifles I own LOL). Nice, but was $233.

I have some harris bipods but I bought a caldwell about a year ago and I am very happy with it. My last harris cost $116 the caldwell was $19 on sale at midway.

I've used Caldwell, Shooters Ridge and Harris. Broke the Caldwell, and the shooters ridge wouldn't stay tightened to my AR. Have two Harris' with pod locks on them and love them. Atlas look nice too but couldn't stomach the price

I have both the harris and caldwell/shooters ridge knock off harris. The harris is hands down a better built unit. It feels far more solid as well. The harris is also way more money. That said, the knock offs aren't to shabby for the money. You can break a few knock offs and still spend less than the harris. Personally I'm not a big fan of stuff breaking in the first place. Whatever brand you get....go for a swivel model with leg notches and throw a pod lock on it.

Agree with the Harris suggestions. Spend the money once.

I've had a few other (cheap) brands; all worked well for a while. Just this morning I pulled my .17hmr out of the safe, popped the ~6 month old caldwell bipod open to set it on the bench... a spring shot off the bipod, ricocheted around the room and landed in my cup of coffee.

Thx for the replies. I like the Atlas bipods, but they seem to be designed for an AR platform with a rail. Any suggestions on how I could mount to a Remington 700-series rifle?

Peter

If you have a sling stud, a Weaver or Picatinny rail adapter is required to mount that Atlas. The BT15 and BT17 from Accu Shot will work. Either way a little bit of DIY involved.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top