JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a collection of older plastic coffee bean holders, 1+ gallon widemouth with lids. Also various cardboard boolit boxes. Also various small trays as needed. Plus any flat surface as long as it is hard to reach, such as under loading bench shelf against wall in corner....:confused:

ETA: my 'clean' vs 'un clean' brass is easy.....one step turbo with proper grit & polish goo; with 650 press there is inclusive in 'post cleaning' all the loading steps after inspection of case: Station 1) size/deprime; 2) reprime/powder drop; 3) accucheck powder station; 4) case mouth sizing, boolit set, preliminary crimp if any 5) actual crimp station; 6) dumped in collection tray; there's placement into (usually) ammo boxes. So in a way, the press itself is a storage for various in-process components as the various stations act as transition zones from 'components' to 'assembled in a few pulls of the lever.

Last Edited:
I use plastic basins similar to these while working with the brass.

foot-tub-plastic-wash-basin--e2f.png

You can get them for less than a dollar each Plastic Wash Basin BUY Disposable Plastic Basin, H362-11, H362-07, H362-05, H360-10.

I keep deprimed/cleaned/resized brass sorted by headstamp in quart and gallon size zip lock freezer bags (the heavy duty ones) in these crates from Bi-Mart, by cartridge size. One ammo crate for 9mm, one for .38 Special, one for .357 Magnum, one for .45ACP, etc.

mtm-ammunition-crate-acr8.jpg

Last Edited:
Cardboard boxes that my drug samples came in. About a foot on a side. A piece of paper describing contents, taped to the side. For example:

My Superlite .223
3x
Tumbled
Neck only
Pocket
RTG

Then I circle the steps completed, starting with tumbled. (Inherent in "neck only" is deprimed.) I do the whole lot at a time.

I have a lot of boxes but it's easy.

P

Dirty brass goes in a square 5 gallon bucket, cleaned brass gets sorted by headstamp in gallon bags in one of the mtm crates (about 10,000 9mm)
they then get fed to the 650. Rifle brass gets deprimmed,sized and trimmed on one pass then primer pockets get swaged separately on a single stage. It is often a long time in between loading rifle (I go through around 1000-1500 9mm a month so I don't have a huge amount of time for anything else) so I store rifle brass in gallon zip locks marked with headstamp and level of processing they are at.

I figured the US government has to be good for something so I got a whole bunch of Priority boxes sent to me in the mail free and after using them to send stuff back and forth to my son when he was in the US NAVY I cut them in half and made a bunch of cardboard trays to hold brass in baggies. Bullets stay in their boxes as do primers and powder stay in facotry containers I have very large shelves made for everything cause I'm a horder. LOL

I bought two sets of stackable (nesting) bowls that are plastic from some store years ago. They were like $2 for the set of 6.

Cheap, easy to break but I've managed to be kind to them.

I used to use the coffee containers but I need more surface area for when spraying with lube and mixing them around before sizing.

Like below:

501E2B52-2A86-479A-A29D-830975466EC3.jpeg 24DECA7A-67B0-4FBF-AB29-24377FD63A2B.jpeg

I used to use the coffee containers but I need more surface area for when spraying with lube and mixing them around before sizing.

Excellent point demonstrating a variable with response tuned to specific need; I don't reload rifle brass very often; the smaller coffee 'can' is ideal for 1 shot spray to pistol brass before going into the case feed hopper.

Excellent point demonstrating a variable with response tuned to specific need; I don't reload rifle brass very often; the smaller coffee 'can' is ideal for 1 shot spray to pistol brass before going into the case feed hopper.
Yup.

Doing rifle this way you end up with some cases standing up so you can also do a little lube on inside for the expander ball.

I have used several of the items mentioned, especially the plastic buckets, in different sizes. I just use a black marking pen.

I have also used plastic trays, the nesting type, for cases etc. Part boxes of bullets are also used, including the ones that CCI shipped their many types of ammo and loaded ammunition in. My Bride also uses many of them to hold small parts. I also do use them for small parts from a gun I am working on.

I've also used cardboard boxes but never thought of using the USPS boxes and I have a lot of them on hand.

Lots of good ideas here.

one item I've found useful on the bench for temporary sorting of small parts (say disassemble/clean/repair/ of handgun) is an old stainless mess hall lunch tray that has several small separate pockets. It also has helped when disassembling the press for caliber changeover or cleaning.

I tried it for help in a certain complex 308 reload process but didn't get much benefit out of it over other previous methods.

For my fired, or cleaned brass I use 2 gallon clear bins with lids I buy for $1. ea. on sale at BiMart. For my cast bullets I use old Tupperware containers my wife wants to get rid of when they get too old. I use blue painter's tape and felt pen to mark the sides so when stacked under my loading bench I can see what I want.

For storage of brass I use clear sterilite totes, size just depends on how many cases I have.

Bullets get stored in whatever box they came in, bullets I cast myself get stored in leftover plastic or cardboard boxes I have laying around.

On the bench itself I use plastic akro bins, my press mount has several rails/arms the bins slot onto and it keeps them out of the way.

I figured the US government has to be good for something so I got a whole bunch of Priority boxes sent to me in the mail free and after using them to send stuff back and forth to my son when he was in the US NAVY I cut them in half and made a bunch of cardboard trays to hold brass in baggies. Bullets stay in their boxes as do primers and powder stay in facotry containers I have very large shelves made for everything cause I'm a horder. LOL
I use there boxes for that and other stuff to. Feel like I'm getting some kind of return on my taxes and postage over the years.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top