Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Binelli Nova shotgun: Opinions?

gaijinsamurai

Reactions
Since parting with the Remington 870 I had owned for almost twenty years, I've been looking for a replacement. I like the Mossberg 590, and while looking for one in a local gun store, stumbled across a Benelli Nova that was priced competitively.
Anyone have any experiences with these? I'm leaning towards going with the Mossberg, but am tempted to take a second look at the Benelli.

OP
gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai

Reactions
Oh, and for clarification, this is the tactical model.

......and yes, I realize I misspelled BENELLI in the thread title! :)

Reactions
Great reliable workhorse of a shotgun. The lack of modularity is the only reason I sold mine. But like with most guns I have ever parted with, I wish I still had it.

Reactions
great shotgun for sure, but replacement parts are hard to come by and barrel is just expensive as whole shotgun.

I'd personally go with supernova.

OP
gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai

Reactions
It's still a tossup. I know I will be happy with the Mossberg, but I think I'll go check out the Benelli again. If I am happy with the stock, sights, balance, weight, and action, I think I might opt for that.

.....and I'll let you know what I decide.

Thanks, everyone, for the input. It is appreciated!

OP
gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai

Reactions
Today, I went back to the gun store, and checked out the Benelli again. I liked it and decided to get it. Unfortunately, because of this weekend's gun show, OSP's back ground check line was backlogged. I put $50 down to hold it and will return in a couple of days to get it.

Reactions
I ran into the same problem today. I bought a Marlin 336 .35 rem. My background took almost 40 mins. I had nothing better to do so I waited.

What shop did you get it from?

OP
gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai

Reactions
It's a relatively new gun store, next to Taco Del Mar, in the strip mall that houses Blumenthal's, on SW Barbur Blvd. I can't remember the name!

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy. I've done multiple private transfers over several years. Knowledgeable and thorough.
    • markebrit
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've done many transfers with these guys. They know their stuff, they're very approachable and...
    • Art_Vandelay
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've always felt comfortable at J&B, first time I ever went there I walked out with a new Glock...
    • Zapata47
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Maybe I'm biased since I live 5 minutes away, but Peter and his crew have always been friendly...
    • Zapata47
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    It has been a while since I have been in the store just because I don't get to downtown Tigard...
    • bobcat7677

Staff online