JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own a machine gun. I would choose a semiautomatic for self defense 100 times out of 100. Binary trigger even worse since that second shot happens on reset. What if you still have the trigger pulled back after shot number one hits the bad guy and then forget it's going to fire again when you let up?

Let's think for a moment about the actual self defense scenario. You are going to be pumped full of more adrenaline than you have ever had unless you have been previously under threat of life.

IMO a pistol grip that fits you well and maybe even tacky because of the seat factor.

Get a duty pull weight trigger. With the adrenaline and your heightened nerves it's your best choice to prevent firing prematurely.

Watch this video. Lots of relevant advice by Massad Ayoob.

lastly forget the drum magazine. More to go wrong,and things usually go wrong when you don't need it. Two 30 round mags provide redundancy in teh event of failure and don't eff up the balance of your rifle.

When your life is on the line keep it simple and go with the most proven solution.

1596947247752.png

Query smells like a set-up to induce a majority opinion on here of:

"Yeah, 60 rd mags and binary triggers are overkill for self-defense" Hence, "Is there really a need for civilians to own them?"

Akin to the "Who needs SA rifles or 30 rd mags for self-defense?" line of thinking.

I say hogwash. A belt-fed M240 might not be the most practical for home defense, but if it's all one has...

Bollocks mate.
No one has to frame their argument for wanting any gun under the guise of "it's for self defense".
"Because I want it", is my reason for any and all my guns and if I had the financial wherewithall to get my filthies on a MP5SD I'd be all over it- just because. But it still wouldnt be the one I'd choose for self defense, outside or inside.

Let me guess, you've already bought this equipment and you're looking for support to justify the purchases to your conscience or your wife? If you haven't, I think you'd be better off spending the money on ammo and practicing accurate field shooting with the whatever you've already got.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top