JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seen some reactive targets that use ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder in a binary form for long distance shooting.

Does anyone have any range time using these?

Legalities on the subject to pass on??

Go up to the Tillamook forest. Set um off in the pit at Browns camp all the time. The rules up there state that for target shooting you can only shoot at targets specifically manufactured as targets. Tannerite is manufactured and sold specifically as a rifle target. It's lots of fun.

Most everyone I know buy's it in bulk, and mixes it up. That way you can have 1/4, 1/2 and 1 pound charges. I mix it up and use red drinking cups, garbage bags, and duct tape. I generally make 20 at a time, out of 10 pound bulk. Makes 20 1/2 pounders. Big boom. I mix them in advance and shake well before use. Never had one not work. This batch was a mix of 1/2 and 1/8 pound targets.

tannerite.jpg

I've put the Tannerite daughters through college with the amount I have spent on his products (okay, maybe not that much......but a lot). Use it while you can. I am sure someone, somewhere will do something that will ruin it for everyone and make it illegal. Best part its made in Oregon!

LOL, Im to busy loading mags, and shooting to mix it up on site. I usually wait till the day before though...

Not 100% sure but I was under the impression that the ATF required it to be mixed on site?

Ok found it

<broken link removed>

Down aways on the left. Just dont want you getting in trouble bud.

Yea sounds like transporting mixed Tannerite with out the Federal explosives license or permit could get you in trouble. Even worse would be if my wife found out I had mixed stuff in the house. There are some things worse than a felony.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top