JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope, I'm not a techno junkie. I use iron sights because what would happen if your battery died????

Not sure what techno music has to do with this topic but good to know.

Well if the batteries die you have 3 choices. Transition to back up sites. Bracket the target in the window, which sounds commonly done in CQB in the first place. Then there is always the option of using rough aiming, which if you spend enough time with that gun should not be too hard to do. One of the best ways to make sure you are "holding" you run right and your sites/scope is mounting in the right is to close your eyes and mount your gun. When you open your eye(s) your sight should be right in line without you having to move all over to find it.

I like irons but based on personal experience EOTechs are much faster in CQB, I've shot a few Aimpoints and they're good for short to intermediate distances, I don't personally see myself using an EOTech and shooting medium distances, it's just too cluttered for that.

The SEALs use whatever they want "blank check". I was stationed on Coronado when I was in the Seabees, there arms were in the same armory as ours. They had a cage in there with some interesting things, even for the mid 90s.

Not sure what techno music has to do with this topic but good to know.

Well if the batteries die you have 3 choices. Transition to back up sites. Bracket the target in the window, which sounds commonly done in CQB in the first place. Then there is always the option of using rough aiming, which if you spend enough time with that gun should not be too hard to do. One of the best ways to make sure you are "holding" you run right and your sites/scope is mounting in the right is to close your eyes and mount your gun. When you open your eye(s) your sight should be right in line without you having to move all over to find it.

Technology, not the music.

The batteries in a T-1 will last 5 years while the unit is turned on setting 8 (I believe those are the correct number)so change the battery ever 4 years and move on. Co-witness the red dot with the irons and even if the batteries do go dead you can still use your irons. There are also throw lever mounts to quickly remove the sight if it becomes damaged to the point of interfering with the iron sights.

That's what I ment iron sights only & I save myself $$$$$. If you have it go for it but I can get by with what I have. I might not look as COOL as you at the range but that don't concerne me...

Jim I apologize for not putting a smiling face for my joke. Usually for technology it is techy.

As for the above statement to each their own on sight choices. But I am positive that all those in the combat area are not using this gear to "look cool". If it did not work and did not work better they would not be using it. In this case if open site were better you would not see so many "optics" being used.

With that said I do have a a couple AR's with optics but my primary "SHTF" does not. Again personal choice.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top