JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in the Creswell Bi-Mart today and they had a caseful of hand guns.
Creswell? I used to go to barn dances in Creswell in the 60's. It would not surprise me if the BiMart there, sold moonshine too.
Love that little town.
Bought a nice radio from Harry Holt's shop.
Best,
Gary

just came here to say i loves me the bimart.

the pharmacy closing thing is a major drag for smaller town people that don't have other options.

but i just love the low priced oddball stuff they have.

plus the whole ammo and canned goods thing.

Interesting. I didn't know Bi-Mart ever sold handguns. They have always been pretty conservative with what they've offerred (e.g. hunting rifles and such). The most controversial rifle I ever saw them sell was the Ruger Mini-14, but never ARs. I know the Fred Meyer in Bend briefly sold handguns, but that didn't last long.
Bi Mart stopped selling handguns back in the 94 era as did Freddy's but Fred's went full tilt and got rid of all guns. Bimart and a while later Fred's started selling them again when there was money to be made. Now Fred's is backing out again, but I think it was based on poor sales due to their price point. Back in the pre 94 era Bimart was always cheaper then Freds, but both have some competition since Coastal Farm got in on the boom.

BiMart here has quite a few and get shipments fairly regular they also removed their limits on 9mm and 223 last time I was in, not that I needed any.

Yep I dont spend as much there as I used to now that the pharmacy is closed. The pharmacies were a big draw and created alot of extra spending/shopping IMO. The smaller town stores that didnt have a nearby Walgreens were supposed to leave the pharmacy in the store but it would become a Walgreens and not ran by Bimart according to the info that they sent out.

My coworker's husband manages a Bimart store.
They recently had a handgun theft. 2 guns.
Guy asked to take a look at them both. Clerk put them both out on the counter. Thief picked them both up and ran out of the store.
This particular store is not inside potlandistan city limits. But not far outside of them either.

At least this is more about protecting their staff from getting held up and issues with crime in portland... and not a political stunt. Bimart will likely go back to business once things settle down.

What's it gonna take to get a posse to run through p-town!

Bi Mart stopped selling handguns back in the 94 era as did Freddy's but Fred's went full tilt and got rid of all guns. Bimart and a while later Fred's started selling them again when there was money to be made. Now Fred's is backing out again, but I think it was based on poor sales due to their price point. Back in the pre 94 era Bimart was always cheaper then Freds, but both have some competition since Coastal Farm got in on the boom.

BiMart here has quite a few and get shipments fairly regular they also removed their limits on 9mm and 223 last time I was in, not that I needed any.

Yep I dont spend as much there as I used to now that the pharmacy is closed. The pharmacies were a big draw and created alot of extra spending/shopping IMO. The smaller town stores that didnt have a nearby Walgreens were supposed to leave the pharmacy in the store but it would become a Walgreens and not ran by Bimart according to the info that they sent out.
Fred's decided to put up the virtue signal flag and stopped selling guns after that punk shot up Stoneman high school in FL

Kroger... the whole company has like 10 years before it implodes, probably closer to 5.
Well.....I read it on the internet. I'm off to sell my stock now.

While I don't love BiMart I will support them long before Walmart. I mean what other store will practically make you check out your items then treat you like a criminal on the way out the door? Piss on 'em.

Tigard Store has case full. The guy behind the counter said it was all Portland stores who quit selling them. He said they are still going to be selling them for now. If this goes company wide there might be some deals. They had a Rock 1911 in 45acp with threaded barrel for just under $450. It was all black not sure what model. Lots of ammo on the shelves.

Speaking of "Lootie".

Lootie.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Yup. Went into the NE Halsey and 122nd store today and saw their hand gun case was empty. I figured they hadn't got anything to replenish their case. One of the gals there lives by us so we always chat with her when we're there. She says they sell a lot of handguns. I asked and was told they no longer sell handguns. You can probably guess, what with potland turning to crap over the last two years? It's because of stealing. The guy there indicated not so much at that store, but other stores.

LETS GO POTLAND!
:mad:
Tigard's bimart has a full case of handguns, ammo, and a good deal of hunting rifles and shotguns. I'd hope they don't stop selling pistols because of portland

Some gun stores where I have lived would ask you for your driver's license before handing over a gun for you to "look" at.
They would look at the DL pic to match it with the potential dirtbag standing in front of them and then place it out of reach of the DB before handing any guns over to them, only one at a time.
They did that to every customer regardless if they knew them so they could not be accused of being stereotyping.
I'm not sure why that store had that policy, maybe they had been "robbed" by grabbers before.
I know it was not the law...

I'm not suggesting stores start doing this, just as a stop gap for BiMart to continue to sell guns in sketchy arera stores.
jmo,

Ok so Fred Meyer stopped selling them awhile ago… they were the first ones to change to 21+ and then they stopped selling altogether… it's because they are saying that they were spiraling down and the firearms sales were only $7million. However, we all know that it's because of the Parkland shooting. As far as BiMart… never knew they sold pistols… however, Portland is also where Fred Meyer HQ is… ;) hmm I wonder

I was in Bi-Mart on 172nd and Powell and they had a sign in the now empty gun case that read "Bi-Mart is no longer selling handguns in "THIS" store. I used to buy a lot of ammo from them. No Hair. I'll go elsewhere.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top