JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Costco and Bimart are two very different business models. Both are "members only discount stores", but the membership only requirement at Bimart is more of a token things, and rarely enforced. $5 for a lifetime membership? That's nothing. It's a token charge that allows them to compile a list of shoppers for advertising purposes.

That's really what the Bimart membership is about- advertising. The $5 lifetime family membership fee is absolutely nothing to them in their business model, whereas to Costco, their $120 per year fee adds up to some real money.

I haven't been asked to show a membership card at Bimart, at any location, in many years. The only time I've pulled it out at all is for the rare return on something like a car battery core.

I always have my card out, or wifey has hers. Walk in the door, holding it up, button gets pushed and we walk in. Easy peasy. Sometimes, there's one of "THEM". The ones that "I've never had to show my card!", or "Oh, OKAY, snarl !!!" They look and act like spoiled kids when they get huffy, digging through their purse. I'll always use my card, because I'm not a spoiled brat. And generally there's people filing in in front of you and behind you. Having the card out keeps the line moving. It's simple. The store would like you to buy a $5.00 card that gets you in for life. They would like you to show it to enter. Seems pretty easy to me.

BiMart Needs to Require the Green Card again! Otherwise we need to Fling These CalibubblegumTards over the boarder with a Trebuchet! Also bubblegum Tweekers! And Ammo Gougers! I realize I may have broken the internet with my stupidity. However I stand firm.

E4E237D0-14BE-4C05-A072-5B9BBEB9F621.jpeg

I'm in my BiMart often enough that they just buzz me in when they see me.:s0092:

BiMart is my favorite store for just about everything short of fresh food or lumber.

My neighbor told me that the Bi-Marts near us in East Portland are getting fed up with the long lines waiting at their door at opening times and the resulting hell bent dash the people do to grab some ammo, so they are putting out ammo at different times during the day.

Nope. Eff 'em. I hate flashing my GD card every time I want to buy a box of ammo or buy a crock pot. I actually got in a somewhat heated "conversation" with some harpy who had to follow me into the store and demand I present one which I did but not before telling her off harshly. I like it better this way.
Their game, their rules. Bringing rain on an employee doing what they have been instructed to do! Shame, shame on you!

I always have my card out, or wifey has hers. Walk in the door, holding it up, button gets pushed and we walk in. Easy peasy. Sometimes, there's one of "THEM". The ones that "I've never had to show my card!", or "Oh, OKAY, snarl !!!" They look and act like spoiled kids when they get huffy, digging through their purse. I'll always use my card, because I'm not a spoiled brat. And generally there's people filing in in front of you and behind you. Having the card out keeps the line moving. It's simple. The store would like you to buy a $5.00 card that gets you in for life. They would like you to show it to enter. Seems pretty easy to me.
I honestly have no problem showing my card to enter, no problem at all. If they requested it or even seemed to care in the slightest, I'd have it out of my wallet and at the ready. After the first hundred or so times of having it out, and being waved through without so much as a glance, I stopped bothering. It's been years since I've seen the little gate even latched.

If I go down there tomorrow and get asked to see it, I'd show them my card with a smile. It is technically a membership store, and those are the rules. I have no problem with that.

My bimart card isn't even mine. I found it in the parkinglot.
And I have never been asked to show it.
Almost totally OT, but I once found a nice green $20 bill in the parking lot of the Astoria Burger King; it was 2003, our first time in Astoria. Now we stop at that Burger King every single time we're in Astoria, and yes, I always inspect the entire lot. It might seem that shows I'm easier to train than a new puppy, but it's not just me. Think how similar that is to folks who habitually stop at Bi-Mart because they used to find ammo in stock. :D

Almost totally OT, but I found a nice green $20 bill in the parking lot of the Astoria Burger King; it was 2003, our first time in Astoria. Now we stop at that Burger King every single time we're in Astoria, and yes, I inspect each corner of the lot. It might seem that shows I'm easier to train than a new puppy, but it's not just me. Think how similar that is to folks who habitually visit Bi-Mart because they used to find ammo in stock. :D
Yeah, you're right! Perfect analogy! BiMart never has ammo in stock, everybody should stop looking there!
:s0114:

Yeah, you're right! Perfect analogy! BiMart never has ammo in stock, everybody should stop looking there!
:s0114:
Go to BiMart's ammo counter, and
I have a yellow card that I got in 1998. So you green card holders can kick rocks. lol

Not B kicking any rocks here. My original card ,1969, was green, and my replacement card, (1989) is green also.
Best,
Gary

There is no ammo at bimart. This is not the ammo you are looking for. Move along, move along...

Yes they should card you upon entry, but it depends on the person at the counter. I have to show a card at Costco, and they are more nazi-ish than Bimart.

I haven't been asked to show mine in years at any of them. Most the time I don't have it anyways and in the rare occasion asked I say I don't have it with me. They then ask if I am paying for anything with a check. I say no and they let me in.

Nope. Eff 'em. I hate flashing my GD card every time I want to buy a box of ammo or buy a crock pot. I actually got in a somewhat heated "conversation" with some harpy who had to follow me into the store and demand I present one which I did but not before telling her off harshly. I like it better this way.

Do you do that at Costco too?

I got my first bi mart card 2 weeks ago, it is green.

They didn't ask to see it when I went there a few days ago. I was mad as a 21 year old on his birthday not getting carded.

Same as my first drink in an establishment. No card required. And I looked fifteen! But been a Costco member since Top Gun was on the projection big screens next to the row of tires.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top