JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn man! You did good. I'm on notifications from Midway on every pistol primers they show and no notifications so far.

Screenshot_20201222-191931_Gmail.jpg

Sportsman's Warehouse has been a fairly poor performer as a business. But they've done a land office business since the Covid thing hit.

Strictly by accident from the Covid and rioting rush, not from any perceived improvement in management or service. Before Covid, their store in Everett was virtually empty 95% of the time. The many cashier check stands were never in use; the few customers coming along had to report to the customer service counter to ring out.

Wonder what the laws are for such a thing. Could someone open a physical store front and sell powder and primers on consignment? Wonder what laws and licenses would be required.

Licensing and compliance issues would come from state and local government. State retail sales license, possible zoning issues, inspection of premises by fire marshal, etc.

He responded by saying he has listed all his remaining primers in minimum lots of 5k as he thinks the ceiling has been reached on the secondary market and there are massive shipments ready to hit our shores that have been in the works for many months. That's all I know but he does seem well informed enough to start dumping his stash in large lots.

If true, makes sense. There is a peak to everything. Especially when movement in prices is so great in a short period of time. But I don't expect to pay $30 a brick for them. Already "legitimate" sources, when they allegedly have them, are at or very close to $40 a brick.

There is also a saturation point. True, primers are an expendable item and need recurrent replenishment. However, some component of current demand is pure panic. This should level off and decline, even if the ships from Russia never arrive. But contrary to what Powder Valley has written, my feeling is they will. In the manner we received S&B primers from Cabela's during one of the previous shortages. Which were a pretty good product.

As a matter of fact, Powder Valley now shows (but are sold out) some SP primers from Serbia which are a recent addition.

As stated by HDR above, obtaining primers from offshore does take time. For such a seemingly simple thing, they are actually complicated and sensitive to make and ship. Plus being an imported item, they require customs clearance. Add to that the Covid thing has slowed everything down. Imagine what insurance and shipping companies think of this kind of material in large quantities.

Strictly by accident from the Covid and rioting rush, not from any perceived improvement in management or service. Before Covid, their store in Everett was virtually empty 95% of the time. The many cashier check stands were never in use; the few customers coming along had to report to the customer service counter to ring out.

Licensing and compliance issues would come from state and local government. State retail sales license, possible zoning issues, inspection of premises by fire marshal, etc.

If true, makes sense. There is a peak to everything. Especially when movement in prices is so great in a short period of time. But I don't expect to pay $30 a brick for them. Already "legitimate" sources, when they allegedly have them, are at or very close to $40 a brick.

There is also a saturation point. True, primers are an expendable item and need recurrent replenishment. However, some component of current demand is pure panic. This should level off and decline, even if the ships from Russia never arrive. But contrary to what Powder Valley has written, my feeling is they will. In the manner we received S&B primers from Cabela's during one of the previous shortages. Which were a pretty good product.

As a matter of fact, Powder Valley now shows (but are sold out) some SP primers from Serbia which are a recent addition.

As stated by HDR above, obtaining primers from offshore does take time. For such a seemingly simple thing, they are actually complicated and sensitive to make and ship. Plus being an imported item, they require customs clearance. Add to that the Covid thing has slowed everything down. Imagine what insurance and shipping companies think of this kind of material in large quantities.

Those SB primers were surprisingly good. At one point they were $25 a box. The next time I went to cabelas, they're were the same price as Winny primers.

Those SB primers were surprisingly good. At one point they were $25 a box. The next time I went to cabelas, they're were the same price as Winny primers.
The SB SR primers oddly enough, have given me some of the lowest ES and SDs.

They're thinner than the benchrest and magnum primers though so I can't push them as hard as the others.

The SB SR primers oddly enough, have given me some of the lowest ES and SDs.

They're thinner than the benchrest and magnum primers though so I can't push them as hard as the others.

Thats great info. I didn't have a chrono when I had them last so I wouldn't know. I'll keep that in mind for sure.

If you find wolf primers they are fantastic too.

Same with Fiocchi primers. They are great.

BTW: The guys working at the gun counter at Bi-Mart are "employee-owners" so they should know. :rolleyes: Be like my local Newberg Bi-Mart, no pistol ammo for so long they just put black plastic totes on the shelf the ammo goes so it does not look so barren. Does not mean no more ammo sold by them just does not exist long enough to bother putting it on the shelf.

Last Edited:

The price varied on those. I seem to remember at one time, they were under $20. Which was a pretty good discount vice the major US brands.

Managed to find 124gr 9mm and 00 12 gauge yesterday.
Didn't really need it but should be good trading stock.

I'm set for loaded ammo in calibers I regularly shoot but completely SOL for LRP for 45-70.

Back order notification has produced nothing so far....

Not by the time I found them! Lol

I bought maybe half a dozen bricks over the time Cabela's carried them. I don't think it's my imagination, I think the first ones I bought were $16.99 but later they were around $25. The last ones I bought were still a bit less than the "majors." Like I said, I thought they were good product. Maybe better than WW. The latter of which have not been without occasional issues for me since they went to the blue boxes and no nickel plating.

I can attest to the fact that some Bi-Marts at least still carry primers. I bought a couple boxes at the Tigard Bi-Mart today. I was surprised to see them there.

I can attest to the fact that some Bi-Marts at least still carry primers. I bought a couple boxes at the Tigard Bi-Mart today. I was surprised to see them there.
Shhhh-- I was not going to say a thing until someone else let the cat outa the bag. I have seen regular deliveries of both powders and primers at multiple BiMarts in just the past 2 weeks. No the shelves are not crammed full, but they are getting them in and selling them to the guys that find them 2 100ct boxes per visit.

03-19-21. Bi-Mart in Bend. La Pine too. They got 15k. First time in nine months. Limit two sleeves. Lasted three days. Probably because nobody is bothering to look any more.

View attachment 845876
I heard that a bimart near eugene area had some recently. I talk with Tigard Store dept manager and she said the primers come in on truck from distributor and they never know when it will show up.

I heard that a bimart near eugene area had some recently. I talk with Tigard Store dept manager and she said the primers come in on truck from distributor and they never know when it will show up.
Yeah, the Eugene store had quite a few SRP and LRP, but limited to 2 sleeves. I got some three days in a row, like said earlier, I think people stopped looking for them, so I got lucky.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top