JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it cost you $3.50 per unit, then you should be charging $5-$7 per unit to your distributor in order to make a profit. Your distributor will then charge retailers $10-$14 to deliver said units so they can make a profit. The retailers will then charge the end user/consumer $15-$25 to make a profit.

It may seem outrageous, but most folks don't understand the high cost of business that businesses have to deal with. Most of it is because of government regulations and taxes of every size, shape, and description.

Examples:

Payroll tax (state and fed)
Inventory tax (state and fed)
Social security tax (fed)
Property tax (state and fed)
Fuel tax (state and fed)
Utilities tax (local, state, fed)
Medicare tax
Medical benefits
Specialized personnel to deal with it all

If a business cannot make at least 30% gross profit consistently, they won't last.

The underlying driving reason of inflation is..... GOVERNMENT!

Your numbers aren't exactly correct, but your premise is.......
Good Points!:s0101:

Was just down at B M and got some 243 in REM. This is the first one I pulled outa the box.
Mix of steel and brass primers in the same box also.

IMG_0139_zpsb41349dd.jpg

Last Edited:
two weeks ago or so, Rem 12 ga "Gun club loads" were $5.29. now it's $5.99.... that same sales also had Winchester Super-X 12 ga small game loads with same shot number 7 1/2...$5.29 per box, now it's 2 for $11. Estate ammo was also $5.29 a few weeks ago, but is back to $6.99 a box.... I don't see a discontinuation of REM ammo at the moment, they still have them in the Monmouth Bi-Mart and Albany Bi-Mart. Still no sign of .22LR ammo at these Bi-Marts unfortunately....

Good thing I bought 10 boxes of the Super-X ammo at $5.29 per box that day.
Good practice ammo and small game ammo..

The word from counterman @ the local Bi Mart is they will no longer carry Remington Ammo.
Evidently, Remington will only be selling to the top ten distributors. (This is unverified.)
Huh!
From the prospective of a buyer of wholesale products, that usually means a total disconnect with all, but profit. (especially customers)
For small to mid size business within in that supply chain, that may mean difficulty for them.
This not withstanding, I'll fight for their right to make as much money as they want! Or not!
I love capitalism. The original equalizer.

Didn't another thread say Bi Mart was dumping Remington because of some supply or logistical problem?

And as to high and low volume. I would think that in the PNW market BiMart as a company is a pretty big player in the sporting ammo category.

I mean here in Oregon there are 54 stores THATS A LOT OF AMMO SELLING

And Bi Mart doesn't buy directly from Remington anyway, if I'm not mistaken, like most other sporting goods stores around here, they buy from All Sports aka Big Rock Sports which is a wholesale distributor for guns, ammo, fishing & camping gear, etc.
Yes sir, you are correct. I don't know if they purchase all their ammo from All Sport. However, I do know from conversations with the FFL holder at the Canby Rod and Gun Club, our members along with Bi-Mart and other sporting goods stores do indeed purchase ammo from All Sports.

This could mean there will be more to purchase if you can buy from All Sport. ;)

Last Edited:
Possibly the comment should have said BiMart is the largest Remington seller in OREGON since there are 53 stores in the state.

Afterall the clerk at a store is the best source of info. My wife worked for Albertsons for 29 years and the stuff they didn't know was coming was amazing. And the Wife was the Stores Bookkeeper.

Possibly the comment should have said BiMart is the largest Remington seller in OREGON since there are 53 stores in the state.

Afterall the clerk at a store is the best source of info. My wife worked for Albertsons for 29 years and the stuff they didn't know was coming was amazing. And the Wife was the Stores Bookkeeper.

Ah come on now, Are you trying to tell us all those varying rumors from 10 dollar a hour counter people aren't 100% correct? BLASPHEMY!!

Everyone knows the lowest paid labor gets all the executive information first.

WARNING....
Above may contain sarcasm and a smidge of smart a$$.

The lady at the one I go to was extremely informative. I asked her if they were discontinuing Rem and she said " I duno whats goin on". Then I asked when they might get in some 22lr and she said " we get in what we get in when we get it ". Pretty much on top of things

I spoke with the mgr of sporting goods here in Medford yesterday about CCI 22 ammo.
He said he had 2 cases come in (bulk Pk of 325) last week, sold it all, but more coming...
"Don't know when, but check back with me"......"I can't hold it for you" (even though I've been shopping there for 21 years.............:rolleyes::mad::(

I'm only 40 minutes away..............:rolleyes:o_O:mad::(:confused:

BUT, it's COMING!!:D:D:D:):):):)

I have thousands of rounds of Rem bulk pk, but the failure rate seems to be about 5-10%!!!!:oops::eek:

I spoke with the mgr of sporting goods here in Medford yesterday about CCI 22 ammo.
He said he had 2 cases come in (bulk Pk of 325) last week, sold it all, but more coming...
"Don't know when, but check back with me"......"I can't hold it for you" (even though I've been shopping there for 21 years.............:rolleyes::mad::(

I'm only 40 minutes away..............:rolleyes:o_O:mad::(:confused:

BUT, it's COMING!!:D:D:D:):):):)

I have thousands of rounds of Rem bulk pk, but the failure rate seems to be about 5-10%!!!!:oops::eek:

5-10%?!! You might outta sell me that stuff real real cheap. It works great for me when my guns are clean.

My local Bimart gets ammo on Mondays and Thursday's. These are their normal shipment days. However, recently they have been getting smaller random ups shipments throughout the week of ammo. I was in there on a Wednesday afternoon one day and they had a ups delivery of 12 bricks of cci .22. They opened the box at the counter and put them all on the shelf. They said they have no idea when they might get a random ups delivery of ammo.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads