JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never had a failure with 9mm Federal Aluminum with over 500 rounds through my Ruger LC9s and full size Beretta Px4 Storm
Well, I've never had a failure with any round out of my Glock but I did notice excessive fouling of the muzzle when I've used aluminum and steel rounds in the past. A Glock will fire whatever you feed it BUT because it has polygonal rifling it is Ill advised to feed it cast lead ball ammo. The same is said for Kahr and Walther PPQ which also have non-traditional match-grade polygonal rifled barrels. I've been meaning to buy a traditionally rifled barrel replacement for my Glock and my Kahr so if I am ever in a jam and am forced to cast my own lead projectiles I can fire them.

Also I don't have that much experience with firing aluminum cased rounds. After using them several times in the past and noticing the excessive fouling I have pretty much strictly bought brass cases for all my target needs. I suppose though that the expensive Hornady JHP self defense rounds are loaded into a nickel plated brass case which I dont generally buy because I find it excessive expensive and I don't personally think it's that much better than other less expensive hollow point ammo. Even Federal HST is Nickel coated, which can appear to be steel but is actually cleaner shooting nickel plated brass

How do you like your beretta storm?
A bit large and heavy for me to carry every day so it is my nightstand safe and Downtown Portland/Seattle/Spokane carry gun.

It does not have much felt recoil due to the rotating barrel. It can be difficult to load a full 17 round magazine in to the pistol with a round already chambered, much like the M&P Shield, so I usually only load the magazines with 16.

On Saturday the Bimart on 99 in Tigard had Blazer Brass 124gr for 9.97. 5 box limit. I prefer 124gr so I bought 5. Salesman said he was on his last case but expected to get more in today.

Yes, I think they ran out of 115's and subbed the 124's as the 115 slot was empty and the sign was moved over to the 124's. The ad states 115 grn. But I'm not complaining:s0023: What kind of .22 did you get? Federal or Blazer? Ours started out last week with the Federal and it switched to blazer this weekend, both of which are good by me.

Hillsboro bi mart DEEP STACK of 124gr, 10 box limit $9.97. No 115gr all out of the sale priced one, but plenty 115gr in general.
Snagged a few boxes of 147gr HP ;)
Been 2 weeks since Ive been there, they sell pistols now :D

Tulammo is a Russian company from what I know and it's crappy pistol ammunition BUT decent 7.62 AK47 ammo

Nah, it runs just fine. If your pistol cant run Tula, its not a good pistol and would have issues with other brands or hand loads down the road.
I shoot Tula 9 & 45 almost exclusively, saves quite a bit over time.

I bought 4 boxes for my son who lives in Everett. He was pleased to get 9mm for that price. I didn't buy any for myself as I've found Blazer Brass to be a little weak for my M11/9.

For me, I bought 1000 rounds of Herters brass cased 9mm from cabelas for about the same price shipped to my front door.:)

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top