JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For what its worth one of my best friends lived in Billings and grew up there. Goes back to visit his family but lives here. Says he would move back to Montana but never to Billings. Can't give you a reason but it is another perspective.

Wherever you're thinking about moving, it's well worth spending a few days in your target community to check out the traffic. Especially weekdays during commute times if you're still working.

For example, commuting to work in Vantucky and back home to Portland every day is a piece of cake. But living in WA and working in OR means twice daily extended traffic jams, quadrupling your drive time (or more).

I had friends move here from San Diego (of all places) who HATED living in Beaverton and they ended up moving because of traffic.

Last Edited:
Wherever you're thinking about moving, it's well worth spending a few days in your target community to check out the traffic. Especially weekdays during commute times if you're still working.

For example, commuting to work in Vantucky and back home to Portland every day is a piece of cake. But living in WA and working in OR means twice daily extended traffic jams, quadrupling your drive time (or more).

I had friends move here from San Diego (of all places) who HATED living in Beaverton and they ended up moving because of traffic.
A place as big as Billings you need to check summer traffic.
We have twice the people in the summer time as now,when it's sub zero

Topic of the move is an open topic again in the Decker house. So, a bump for any other thoughts...

My Mom's side of the family lived in Bozeman since that's where their wagon broke down. I spent most or my summers there as a kid, but like others have said is now infested with CA refugees who have pushed up the land prices to stupid levels for that area. I agree with others saying Livingston or west, unfortunately Livingston has been "made" as well. It's no where near as bad as the left coast for now - almost makes me want to move there just to piss them off.

The hardest thing about Montana is getting an income, and that will likely dictate where you can live.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top