JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am looking at puting together another AR and was wondering what brands people have dealt with. I want to go with a billet lower and just trying to get a feel for what people think. Thanks in advance:s0155: Also not an issue as for price this gun is going to be a keeper and want to go all out on fit and finish. I want this thing to look great and also shoot great.

Lots of people will tell you, there is no real advantage to go with billet. IMHO if you like the looks, buy it! As far as brand....MEGA has the, finish, fit, and customer service, that I think your looking for!:s0155:

mega makes a nice billet.. other popular ones are sun devil, POF (very spendy), tactical innovations, and larue, to name a few.

keep in mind, while not likely, you are more likely to have problems with billets. every billet manufacturer uses their own blue-prints, their own ideas about upper and lower ends of tollerance, and is taking a pretty complex part out of a solid block of aluminum. every cut, every bore, needs to be within at least a ten-thousandth of every other cut and bore on the part, or you can have difficult to diagnose problems with your gun and never know it's 'cause your lower is out of spec.

True to the T.
This is why, when folks say they want billet, I say do your home work.
Find out who is using what, and why. This is also why I recommend Mega, 'cus if there is a problem, their CS will take care of you.

Not sayin' the other guy's suck, just Mega is that good.

and NW local:D

I run a Seekins precision lower. One of the Nicest billet lowers ever made and they look unique too. Check them out on rainier arms.

hah.. havent seen anything on the battle-axe of billet lowers in a while. got to be the single ugliest lower ever produced, but they are pretty nice. good flare on the magwell.

I have a POF that is real nice. I don't like their logo, so I used bondo to fill it in after I bead blasted it. It now wears a tan Duracoat finish, and people have no idea who made it!

I have a tac innovation and love it. Also a billet vltor mur-1 upper. If you get the tac innovations billet lower it has a piece you can adjust to take away the upper/lower reciever slop. And they went down in price lately. I think I saw them for 110 on their website 6 months ago and I paid like 250 for mine right when it came out

gl

*as far as fitment goes, the same rules apply to all brands rather billet or not. They all do things differently. I don't think that rule applies any differently when they use billet aluminum vs. forged

scroll through the whole description... lots of thought into this design . $175 now ;)

<broken link removed>

* UPPER RECEIVER TENSIONING SCREW - INCLUDED STANDARD:

With the varying tolerances in upper receivers, its optimistic to hope that the recevier you use will be a perfect fit on any lower receiver and we all know that a loose fitting upper receiver will make even the best custom built rifle seem sloopy. Most shooters solve the problem with a wedge under the upper receiver lug when the receiver is closed. It works well, but is cumbersome.
Our T15BDX TM Lower Receivers come standard with an easier solution. A nylon tipped allen wrench drive screw is installed that can be adjusted through the bottom of the receiver. The upper receiver tensioning screw allows you to put exact pressure on the upper receiver for a perfect upper receiver fit every time.

smarb2-17-100.jpg
smarb2-18-100.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews