JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tell it to Portland Public Schools.... LOL!

I photographed this yesterday :rolleyes:

IMG_3688.JPG

Anyone who travels out of state should know how the GFSZ act affects them and vote to repeal it.

I'm not sure how the law works since Oregon is one state, at least, where schools are NOT gun-free zones for CHL holders. Does every state have the ability to make schools gun-free or not? If so, then what purpose is that law anyway?

I guess this is my point, repeal or not, this national act apparently has no teeth anyway so why bother?

Time to re contact the Oregon Firearms Federation. Or I need to re read their excellent book on 2016 Oregon firearm laws. My last impression was that NO PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT can over ride State Law.

CCW permit holders CAN enter into public schools in Oregon carrying. That was my last impression. I am still not sure about any existing Federal Law describing a "1000 foot rule". I thought that was thrown out.

Respectfully.

guys, the GFSZ act has nothing to do with state laws. It affects you if you CCW in other states that honor Oregons CHL, you cannot enter a school zone in those states even if that state honors Oregons CHL everywhere else. Its a felony if your caught.

Individual state laws still apply though, Its legal in Oregon to CCW in a school zone only for Oregon residents with a valid Oregon CHL. That school sign Stomper shared is worthless and carries no weight of the law to Oregon CHL holders but does for anyone that does not have a state issued CHL... per the GFSZ act and Oregon state law. The person who wrote it just doesn't know the actual law is all.

Lets not get too wrapped up in that, gun owners need to repeal the GFSZ act badly if they want to freely CCW in reciprocating states... Its virtually impossible to go anywhere without crossing a school zone... which includes private schools and universities.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top