Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bill in Utah reflects problem with WA RCW 9.41.270(1)

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Utah gun bill reflects problem with Washington statute

Utah lawmakers will consider legislation next month that would remove criminal penalties for merely carrying a firearm in public, in a lawful manner, whether openly or concealed, prohibiting the armed citizen from being charged with, for example, disorderly conduct.

Utah gun bill reflects problem with Washington statute - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

We need to remove the language about "causes alarm in another person."

MarkAd, pokerace, MikeSettles and 3 others like this.
  2. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Indeed, Being basically at the mercy of a moon-bat anti's hoplophobia as interpreted by a moonbat judge is not exactly open-carry friendly.

3. phathom

phathom Vancouver, WA Member

Yup. This definitely needs to be changed. I have said this for years and still agree. Looking at someone and smiling will cause alarm to not all, not most, but some people. How that person reacts, no matter how justified or unjustified is no grounds to land someone in jail for doing nothing unlawful.

4. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

I would think that just adding the wording in Casad into 270 would do the job, though the best resolution would be to just reword or better, repeal, 270.

5. MikeSettles

MikeSettles Vancouver, Washington Active Member

Dave, we need to parallel what they recently did in Florida: Any elected official who makes a rule which is against state firearms laws gets a stiff civil penalty. (I'm not against jail time for the varmints, either!) That would fix McGinn and the Vancouver City Counsel. ;-)

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'd like to see every state with a preemption clause adopt this. That way you wouldn't have to worry about public officials making laws that are null and void. They also penalize officers who enforce those laws.

We have some city officials in OR who need reigned in too.