JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If your too lazy to stop and get going again then why even ride a cycle?

Maritime rules should apply to roads... small vehicles should yield to large ones or risk getting ran over.;)

Let's do away with all traffic control signage, speed limits, recommended speeds on curves and return to the basic rule for speed, and the lug nut rule for who gets right of way at an intersection... bicycles and scooters would be right where they belong on the food chain, half a step above pedestrians, who would have to yield to anything bigger and more dangerous than them. Drivers will have to get tough or die, to borrow a Johnny Cash lyric.

When a possum is in the path, and it gets run over, that's called a maypop.
This new law will be interesting. I smell future lawsuits from the disfigured.

This will be like a gateway drug. next to follow will be the outlawing of cars on roads or simply ban cars. Just like what is trying to be done with guns.
cars, guns, ammo, magazines, and alcohol are not the problem.
Now if only people would read the Oregon motor vehicle cade(It is online)....in short it states that a bike on a public roadway shall obey the same rules and regs as a vehicle.
....and I occasionally ride my bike roads. it is mostly an unenjoyable endevor and scars the turds out of me.

The cyclists don't care about the laws of physics so now Salem makes a law to back up their stupidity. "Idaho stop"? Come on Idaho...o_O

Co-worker came into work all shook up yesterday in Pullman. Said he was driving through a green light in town when a college girl on a bicycle ran the red light and he nearly hit her broadside after slamming on the brakes. She hit er brakes and crashed, then got up and started cussing at him like a typical idiot snowflake.

Another guy in a pickup who also had to slam on his brakes, got out and started yelling at her and cussing her out. My friend said he just drove away and couldn't believe the insanity on display.

Bad idea.
Better idea... actually enforce existing traffic laws against cyclists and pedestrians alike.
Edit; and I say that, having been primary pedestrian and cyclist between car ownership...

Otherwise.... may as well as follow the example found in a certain country in which traffic improved a lot after the authorities removed stop signs and lights at a particular, notorious intersection... :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top